Chapter 28: Remembering CAN Be Helpful (But It Doesn't Mean It Is...)

(You fellas have the right to know that I had worked on this chapter for days that I've done a few paragraphs of it while I was half-awake. Twice 😂

   P.S: Yesh, the title's veeeery similar to Chapter 11: Remembering Is Helpful. It just got edited. Lol, couldn't think of a good title but the title above's pretty relatable to the plots here in this chap so pls bare with meh :P)

   After getting checked by Dr.Pilly for fifteen minutes straight, the Caretakers who were with the gang brought them to their respective dorms for the night.

   The Children who wished to follow them, however, were advised by Chales and Roselyn to go back to their own bedrooms to rest. They obeyed, waved and said "goodbye" to the gang before going and the gang did the same to them.

   They went on their separate ways except for Circus Princess, who had met the gang while they were in the middle of their check-ups and really wanted to send her NKVM friends since she missed them and all.

   (Happy Boy didn't managed to come along with DollFace. It's because the two had fallen asleep after playing games with one another. When Encam spotted them, he decided to leave them alone and tell Chales about it. Chales agreed to let the two rest and only hoped for them to meet the gang the next day.)

   She practically begged Chales so that she could follow them and so the caretaker had no choice but to let her follow. She giggled in victory as she jumped into Nicolas's arms and let him carry her.

   "Missed you, Little Cupcake," Winter stood beside Nicolas and spoke to Circus Princess with a soft tone of voice.

   "It's 'Circus Pwincess'," Circus Princess mumbled wearily at Winter and yawned after, causing the one of the two NKVM couples to chuckle.

   Usually, each dorm made for guests were to have two people staying in it. Chales and Circus Princess had decided to send Nicolas and Winter into their own dorm while Lona accompanied Lucas and Mark (but mainly Lucas because a 'certain Children' told her about Mark and who he really was) to theirs.

   OFFLINE (who the gang also managed to meet in the clinic), the being the humanoids allowed to help them with any of their damaged gears and wires within them (and that was actually the reason why he was called by Chales [and Encam] in the first place), proudly sent Sheena and Lizzy to their temporary bedrooms with Encam by his side and making jokes along the way.

   Then, Mill and Eugene (who was also able to introduce himself to the gang and enjoy their company) went to send Hazim and Ameenah as Emotion led and walked ahead of Mr.Trust and Mr.Hangilton.

   And since Kaitlynn was the only one left, Roselyn personally and kindly offered to take Kaitlynn to the blonde's "bedroom from childhood" (which Kaitlynn didn't get what the Mother of the Orphanage meant at first).

   "Have a good night!" Chales and Circus Princess smiled at Nicolas and Winter who thanked them for leading them.

   "Sleep well. Don't do anything you'll greatly regret," Lona said to the two boys she had sent.

   The last sentence she said, however, was a threat towards Mark who realised it sooner and didn't wave back at her unlike Lucas who kindly did.

   "Goodnight, you two," OFFLINE and Encam uttered to Sheena and Lizzy who said "goodnight" back to them.

   "We'll be seeing you bright and early tomorrow!" Mill grinned as she pinched Ameenah's cheek playfully with one of her strings for an arm and ruffled Hazim's hair with another.