Michael Conor

Your Pov:

Today is the first time that my best friend Derek has invited me to watch his hockey game. Finally. One of his teammates, Michael, just so happens to have been my crush for the last year, and I still have a massive crush on him. He's just so perfect. It's not possible. Unless you've seen it with your own eyes, and I just so happen to have been privileged enough to have.

"Y/N!" Derek calls, as he sees me in the crowd. "I'm so glad you could come!"

I smile. "I'm so glad you finally invited me!" I shout back.

He laughs a bit and then runs into the locker room. After roughly ten minutes, the team runs out on the field. At our school, the hockey team is a big deal. Like, a BIG DEAL. The team members are pretty much the 'hottest guys in school' and are most definitely popular among the ladies. Yes, I've had a crush on Michael for the last year, but I'm not one of those 'obsessed girls' that literally follow the hockey players around like they're famous. I prefer admiring from afar, and it's not like I even have a chance with him.

The crowd roars as they enter the field. I see Derek smiling up at me and I give him a thumbs up sign. He smiles, and I then notice Michael running onto the field. He looks up at me and gives me a shy smile. That's strange. Michael's like the cockiest guy in school. I wonder what's up.

With only two minutes to go in the game, Derek scores the winning goal and the crowd roar. After the game, everyone other than me has left and Derek comes out and walks up to me. "So, what did you think of the game?"

"It was very intense," I reply, laughing.

"Yeah, sometimes it's pretty intense." He agrees. "Do you want to come into the locker room?"

"Am I allowed to?" I ask. The thought of seeing Michael all sweaty without a shirt is too much for me.

He nods. "Yeah, the guys won't mind."

I follow him into the locker room, grabbing onto his arm because of my nerves. When we get there, I am surrounded by sweaty guys, all trying to get Derek to introduce me to them. After a few minutes of introductions, I notice Michael sitting on a bench. The other guys look at him to me and the room goes silent. Awkward much?

Derek brings me to his locker and takes his shirt off, changing it. "So, how's life?"

"Yeah, not bad," I reply. Derek and I have been best friends for so long, I could never think of him as anything other than just that. From the first time I saw Derek, in kindergarten, I knew we'd be best friends, and luckily the feeling was mutual. "So, are all games like this?"

He nods. "Yeah, pretty much. What are you doing after this?"

I laugh. "Just sitting at home I guess, maybe listen to a bit of music."

He smiles. Derek knows how big of a music fan I am. "Sounds nice, but if you change your mind, we could always go out and get a pizza?"

He then winks jokingly, making me laugh again. I nod. "That sounds nice."

Just before I can continue talking to Derek, a loud thud makes me step back from him. "Are you fucking serious right now?"

It's Michael. I've never seen him this angry before. "I have no idea what you're talking about," Derek replies calmly.

"You come in here all the time, with your girls that come in and meet all the players and then you take them out on dates. Usually, I don't mind. But this? THIS? Bringing Y/N in here and doing the same thing when you know perfectly well how long I've had a crush on her. How long I've wanted to be the guy that makes her laugh and smile and makes her realize what love really is. But no, you come in here and you fucking tease me that I never had the balls to ask her out. I can't believe you!" Michael rants.

My mouth and the mouths of every other guy in the locker room, including Derek are wide open, agape. I notice Michael blushing violently, but the anger and hurt on his face remain. When he began his rant, he stepped between Derek and me, so I use this positioning to talk to him.

I tap him on the shoulder. Michael has always been taller than me. He turns and looks down, into my eyes. "Y-you have a crush on me?"

He nods sheepishly. "Ever since you introduced yourself to me on my first day. You were so loud and bubbly and friendly and I wanted to get to know you better. That's why I'm so pissed off the Derek here had to fucking ruin any chance I had with you."

At this moment, my reaction is something that I never even imagined I would do in a situation like this. I laugh. Derek soon joins me. I can tell that Michael is getting even more nervous by the minute so I decided to explain. "Derek and I aren't dating. We've been besties since kindergarten, dating him would be like dating my brother. I've liked you for so long it's not even possible, but I thought you would never like someone like me because of all the pretty girls in the school that you can literally pick and choose from."

He looks deep into my eyes, "But none of those girls are you."

He leans down and gently kisses me, I hear 'awws' coming from all the other guys in the locker room, making me giggle into the kiss.

"Will you go out with me, Y/N?" Michael asks.

I nod. "I never thought I'd hear you ask me that. Of course, I will."

And on that note, Michael and I went out to get pizza afterward and then he came over to my house to join me in listening to music. I guess dreams really do come true.