The Egg ( 2 )

I had been walking in the gardens for about four or five minutes when I started to feel like I was being watched. I stop and looked around however I saw nothing. I pushed it off and keep walking. Only to see something out of the corner of my eye. When I turned my head to look. I caught a glimpse of what I thought was a person but before my eyes adjusted, it disappeared.

"Hello", I called into the darkness.

Nothing.

I'm so going to die.

I started walking again, this time, faster. I scanned my surroundings as I look for the figure again.

Nothing.

I still felt the eyes on my back as I kept walking. I stopped as I saw something shiny in the distance. And of course, I walk towards it as any smart person would do. Note the sarcasm.  As I got closer to it felt like I was being dragged to it. Sounds crazy right? I pushed the bushes apart and for the first time, I saw it.

It was round and smooth. The color of the rock was a crimson red with a golden design. It was beautiful.

That's when I realized this wasn't a rock at all. It was an egg.

As I reached out to pick it up, it started to glow when my hand made contact with it. The glow got brighter and a shape came into the light. As the shaped cam fully into view, I realized what it was. But how was this possible?

 But how was this possible?

A dragon.

The glow faded and a painful stinging erupted in my hands. Before I could investigate the pain, the egg started to pulse with white light, it got faster and faster. Then a giant shockwave erupted from the egg. Around me the bright skyscrapers and building of the Upper East side of Matthaten whet dark. They yelling of anrgy New yorkers soon filled the air around me.

Oops.

I later learned that the shockwave caused a blackout in East side of Matthaten. But the power came back on within the hour so it was fine. But this did included my building I so just crashed the party.

"Well, I didn't see that coming." A voice behind me said.

I wiped my head around see a tall man standing behind. He had sun blonde hair and sapphire blue eyes that seemed to shine. His face was flawless.

"Who are you?" I asked as I stood up from my place on the ground.

"My name is Tyranis, may I ask for yours?"

"What are you doing here," I asked in a venomous tone.

"I guess not. I'm here to make sure the egg finds its rider and I see it has. However, I didn't think it would be a girl."

"What does that mean?"

"Well, women are rarely chosen as a rider."

"Chosen?"