The Search ( 35 )

The next morning I woke up early, however, the arms around me stopped me from leaving the bed. I didn't mind as I laid next to Ty who slept peacefully. I couldn't tell what time it was, but the little light the flowed through the curtains windows told me it was still early. I enjoyed my sweet moment of peace as Ty steered in his sleep behind me.

I faked sleep in hopes he wouldn't think that he had woke me as he untangled himself from me. He left himself out of bed with little sound. Careful not to wake me. I heard him put his shirt back on as he walked around the bed to my side.

I felt his hand caress my face. His hand stopped at my neck with his thumb rubbing my cheek softly. He whispered something to me, something so low only a mouse could hear. He leaned down and kissed my forehead. His strong hand left my face and shortly after I hear the door closed.

As soon as I heard the door close I shot up from bed a blushing mess. I smiled to myself as I caught my breath.

I laid on my bed giggly, recounting the events of last night.

"Are you alright?"

"Athena?", I questioned.

"Yes, just because we aren't next to one another doesn't mean our link won't work. Now again, are you alright I can feel your heart rate increasing? Are you being attacked?"

"No, I'm fine. I've never felt better, actually."

"You spent the night with Ty didn't you?"

"Who did you?"

"I'm your dragon. I know everything."

I recounted lasted night's event to Athena and we laughed together for the rest of the morning. Alex came shortly after and knotted on my door. He told me to get dress and meet him and the others in his room.

I did as he asked and quickly got dressed and head down to Alex and Roy's shared room. I knotted on their door. Jason opened the door for me and I walked in to see the others were all there.

 Jason opened the door for me and I walked in to see the others were all there

Ty was sitting in the wooden chair at the desk. Alex and Roy both sat on the bed that was by the window. I sat down at the closest bed and Jason joined me.

As I sat down I saw Ty flash me a warm smile from his chair. I smiled back at him until Jason sat in front of me, blocking my view of Ty.

"Alright", Ty began as he sat up in his chair, " We've had our day of rest. Now, we have to go back to work. "

"Do we have to?", Roy begged.

"Yes, Roy. We have to.", Ty answered tiredly.

"But," Roy began as he got off the bed and leaped towards me," Larisa she's still hurt. Look."

Roy grabbed me off the bed and held me. He gently pinched me and faking I said "Ow".

"Nope, you can't use her against me. I know she's fine.", Ty declared.

Roy groaned and sat back down on the bed. I did the same as Ty started talking again.

"Alright, Orthrus is most like here for Carnival."

Ty was right. What I heard from Tenaglia told me that Orthrus liked to travel and have fun. Of course, he would come to Carnival.

" If we're going to find him will split up. I don't like it, but Rio big and Orthrus won't stay in one place for long."

"How do we know it's him if we find him?", Alex asked.

"Orthrus is an immortal deity so he can change his appearances at will. So to find him we find his coin."

"His coin?", I wondered aloud.

" Yep, Orthrus always has his coin with him. It's like his calling card. A coin itself is golden and has a man with two heads on it."

"Two heads?", Roy questioned.

" It's symbolic one head always lies and the others tell you the truth, but you don't know which head is which."

"Then how will we know if he tells us the truth?", Jason questioned.

" We'll find that out once we find him.", Ty stated.

We were each given a portion of the city to search. I changed into a red silk dress before I started hopping from one party to the next looking for Orthus.

The first, second, and fourth party I found my way into was a bust

The first, second, and fourth party I found my way into was a bust. When I arrived at my eighth party I was started to grow impatient with it all. Although, the party scene was one I was familiar with. My father had raised me here. I put on a smile and made small talk with the guest. The guest was mostly drunk rich men here for a good party and champaign.

Men whopped and hollered as they placed large bets on the gambling tables. Women draped themselves on the winner's arms, giggling drunkenly. I didn't blame them. Some of the men they hung on you needed a shot or two to be around.

One man, however, had twenty or so perfectly sober women swarming around him. The man was tall and had short brown hair. He was attractive I admit but his eyes were what caught me. His left was light blue, the right, however, was a dark brown. Around his neck hung a golden chain with a coin bounded it.

I made my way to him however as I neared him he kissed the girls goodbye and quickly slipped out the door before I could stop him

I made my way to him however as I neared him he kissed the girls goodbye and quickly slipped out the door before I could stop him. I held up the trim of my dress as I followed him out the door.