Deadly Nightmares ( 13 )

The devilish sound rang through the air. It was close. I could felt it.

"What do we do," I asked.

"We fight," Sardis said as he opened his hand and a two twin black swords made of shadows appeared in his hands.

"I don't have my sword."

"You're an Element rider, right. So use your element."

"I really don't know how to do that either."

"Tyranis didn't teach you?"

"No, he did. just not very much. He wanted to take it slow."

"That sounds like him. But don't worry it usually just comes naturally to elemental you'll be fine." He said giving me a small smirk.

I was about to reply when the devilish sound rang through the air only a few feet away.

"Get ready it's here," He said as the nightmare appears from the trees.

Its white body was covered in blood. The tentacles that were coming out of its back were also covered in blood. The nightmare was about eight feet tall. I felt bad for whatever poor kid dreamt this up.

The nightmare opened its mouth and let out its devilish sound. It was so loud that it made my ears ring.

"What's the plan here," I yelled over the ringing in my ears.

" I'll distract it for you so you can get a clean shot at its weak point with your element." He said readying his swords.

"And its weak points are?"

"How should I know?"

Before I could say anything else he ran at the nightmare with his twin swords at the ready. He dodged the nightmare tentacles with ease. The ones he could he simply cut off, but as the sliced tentacles hit the ground another one grew back in its place. Sardis was fast and smart with his attacks. He stayed low and keeping the blades of his swords on his forearms. His cuts were fast and clean. However, each cut he made almost healed instantly.

Nothing he did to the nightmare would hurt it. Then it hit me if we can't hurt it from outside then we would just have to find a way to hurt it from the inside and I think I knew how.

I summoned two small balls of fire in both of my hands. The fire burned up my arms. It didn't hurt it was warm and bright. I charged joining Sardis in the fight with the nightmare.

The nightmare shifted its attention from Sardis to me when it saw me. Three of its tentacles came at me. I dodged one of them the other two I set ablaze in a wildfire.

The nightmare screeched in pain. The ringing in my ear had returned once more. I put my hands over my ear trying to block out the terrible sound.

Imagine nails on a chalkboard but like 10 times louder and more painful.yea. It felt like that.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw one of the nightmare's tentacles coming my way but it was too late. The Tentacle wrapped around my leg pulling me upside down into the air.

It was a good thing I wasn't wearing a skirt. However, my shirt did come up. If I didn't have a bra on I would have flashed Sardis.

"Need a hand sweetheart." He called up to me from his spot on the ground.

"Screw you", I called back to him.

"You're lucky I'm a gentleman."

He threw one of his swords at the Tentacle slicing it in half and cause me to fall. I let out a small yelp and closed eyes waiting for the impact but it never did. Instead two large arms wrapped around me. Sardis.

He landed gracefully on the ground with me in his arms bridal style. I may or may not have blushed a little but only a little ... Ok, I'm lying I was as red as a tomato.

"Thanks," I said sheepishly.

"Anytime sweetheart." He said with a smirk.

He sat me down gently on my feet. I smoothed out my shirt as I looked at the nightmare. It was needless to say pissed off.

"Did you find out its weak points yet."

"Yep and I have a plan."

"Should I be worried?"

"Maybe."

I summoned my fire. The tree around us creek at the force of the winds as did the nightmare. It screeched again and shot it tentacles at me but I didn't make a move to dodge it. The Tentacle wrapped around my leg pulling me upside down into the air once more.

The nightmare opened its mouth to screech but I aimed my hands at it and shot a stream of fire into its mouth.

It screeched in pain. It dropped me and I fell to the ground. I quickly got up and watch as the nightmare fell to the ground dead.

Sardis gave me a slow clap as he looked at the dead nightmare.

"Well done, I'm impressed," he said.

"Why, thank you. We make a pretty good team."

"Indeed we do. It almost makes you forget we're enemies doesn't it."

"Yeah, it does."

There was an awkward moment of silence between us as we stood there. Sardis was the one to break it.

"I think it time you get back to the real world before Tyranis sees that this is my doing. Besides, I bet he's missing his girlfriend."

"What no we're not dating," I said quickly maybe a little too quick.

"Really... well then it makes making you mine easier.", He said kissing my hand.

As he did, my hand starting to disappear and I started to panic a little.

"Relax, Larisa your only waking up."

"Ohh..."

"I'll see you on the other side, my dear."

With that Sardis and the dreamscape disappeared.

*****

"Larisa! Larisa! DAMNIT WAKE UP!"

My eyes shot open it see Ty with a worried expression on his face.

"Thank god you're awake. Are you okay?" he asked.

"I'm fine. Ty, really it's alright."

No, it's not alright. Sardis could have hurt you"

"How did you know about Sardis?"

"I'm not am stupid, Al. I know dreamscape magic when I see it."

He stood up and held out his hand for me. I took it.

"Follow me," Ty said angrily before walking off.

He was mad but I couldn't tell if he was angry at me or something else. But I followed him both Athena and Raikou behind us.