Delicate Storms ( 17 )

Ty and I accompanied with our dragons were walking back to camp when I felt the small raindrops on my head. I looked up and saw the grey storm clouds in the sky. The distant sound of thunder filled the air as the rain fell from the clouds. The air grew heavy with the smell of rain. Ty then looked up at the sky as another roar of thunder rang through the air. The rain plating against his face. 

"You want to have some fun?" He asked looking down at me with a smirk playing on his lips.

"It depends on what you have in mind," I said giving him a smirk of my own.

He let out a small laugh as he took my hands in his own. As his hands touched mine as a blot of lightning shot through the sky and lighting up the grey sky. 

"Was that you?" I asked.

"Maybe," He said as more of the brilliant white lightning ripped through the sky.

"Wow this is amazing," I said not taking my eyes off the beautiful light show that was dancing across the sky

"Wow this is amazing," I said not taking my eyes off the beautiful light show that was dancing across the sky. He laughed again at my reaction. Our dragons only watched us as with laughed. Athena looked at me and Ty like we were idiots. Although we were.

"I'll never understand you humans and why you insist on getting yourselves wet." She sighed.

I laughed again as another clap of thunder rang through the sky.

"Well, if you like that then you're going to love this." He said as his closed his eyes.

Again a loud clap of thunder rang through the air then followed Ty's blazing white lightning. 

"Ty it's

"Ty it's... Beautiful" I said in awe at what I was seeing. 

Ty smiled and awkwardly put his hand on the back of his neck.

"Thanks. Most people don't like my storms."

"Well, I think that there perfect," I said hitting him in the shoulder playfully.

He laughed as he held his arm where I hit him in fake pain. We laughed together as the rain poured down on us. Thunder and lightning crackled loudly in the stormy grey sky.

"Come on let's get out of this rain before we get completely soaked." He said smiling at me.

"Let's," I said grabbing his hand and running off to camp dragging him behind me.

We ran into camp and we hid from the rain under a makeshift awning that was of an old rug and two wooden pols. 

"I don't get it. Now you hide from the rain. You're already soaked." Athena said puzzled.

I laughed at her as she and Raikou laid down next to the makeshift awning not caring about the rain or the storm above them. 

The sounds of thunder and rain filled the as we stood under the awning. 

"So now what?" I asked.

"We sit," He said as he flopped to the ground and put his put his arms on the back of his head.

I sat down next to him and crossed my legs leaning back on my arms.

"Thank you," Ty said after a moment of silence. 

"For what?" I asked him confused.

He scuffed a little before answering.

"For helping out around here. The others trust you. Probably more than me." He said closed his eyes.

"What? Please, I'm about as useless as the "G" in lasagna."

He laughed a little before saying, "You are not useless, Larisa. You're a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for."

I laughed a little at his words. 

" What are you laughing at?"

"The irony of it all. My dad has been telling me the opposite my whole life since I was three."

At the mention of my father, Ty sat up and looked at me with empathy and a hint of anger in his eyes. 

"You're not useless," He said again but this time with more force.

I just sided and laid down on the moist ground.

"Al, listen to me. Whatever he tells you is a lie. I've only known you for four days, but it's felt like a lifetime and I have lived through many lifetimes. Over those lifetimes I've learned to read people and your one of the strongest dragon rider I have ever meet. "

"You're the only one that thinks that then," I said closing my eyes to the sound of the rain.

"You'll see what I see one day."

"Well, I've reached the point where my brain goes from 'You probably shouldn't do that' to ' Srew it. Let's see what happens' so I doubt that will happen."

I heard him scoff at me before it turned into a small laugh.

"Why are you like this." He said between laughs.

"Well, I'm just a sarcastic person. I guess." I shrugged.

"I'm guessing that you like being sarcastic." 

"Yep, I love sarcasm. It's like punching people in the face, but with words." 

He smiled at me holding back a laugh before respawning.

"You know I've been smiling a lot more since I meet you"

At that, I sat up and looked at him. He was sitting next to me and smiling at me down at me.

"I've been told I have that effect on people," I said smiling back at him.

Then everything grew quiet as I then realize that it had stopped raining. The sky was starting to clear up, however it was still a greyish color.

" It looks like it done raining," I said.

" Yeah, but before we go I..." Ty started but never finished.

He smiled at me as he moved closer to me. Now only a little space separating us from another. His hand reached up and move a stay strand of hair that hung in my face back behind my ear. His hand bushed my creek as he moved his own face closer to my own. Are faces only an inch apart. 

Just as our lips were about to touch as a scream filled the air followed by a thunderous roar.

"What was that!" I asked.

" I don't know. But it can't be good." He said as he helped me up and we ran into camp our dragons right behind.