#PraiseTakumi

For Beyond-The-Sky instead of a one shot I'm giving her this rant I made on amino. I thought she'd like this better but I'm most likely wrong so if she's says so I'll  make a one shot instead. 

ALSO FOUR THOUSAND READS WTF

Takumi Of Hoshido

I believe I can safely say that any person who has played fire emblem Fates knows this character pretty well.

He is the youngest Hoshidan prince and the second youngest out of the Hoshidan Royal Family. His recruitment class is a roughly level ten archer that can promote to either a Kinshi Knight or a Sniper. His legendary weapon is the Fujin Yumi.

Stat wise he's a good unit that just lacks in res by a lot and somewhat in defense. His strength is pretty well over descent and his skill and speed is something to watch out for. At least with my experience using him as a unit. I'm probably wrong don't listen to me. Actually please keep reading just ignore this paragraph because idk.

In Conquest Takumi as an antagonist becomes corrupted by some "outside force" that we learn in revelations is actually Anakos and he was dead for practically half the game. In birthright he was controlled by something in his recruitment mission until you either killed him or had Azura sing to him. In revelations you don't get a recruitment mission par We but you obtain him due to Izana's dying wish. Rest in pepperonis my dude.

Now we can get to why I actually like this unit other than the two basic facts that he's a powerhouse and he's a pineapple.

As you might have noticed, Fates characters have one central stereotype followed with side traits that are also stereotypes. If you prefer the word Trope then please be my guest and use it. Takumi is no exception. His central trope is the neglected/overshadowed middle sibling. At least I think it is. This is my opinion okay?

Yeah. His central trope is the middle sibling and his others branch out into a great hunter and somewhat of a tsundere. Okay I'm not saying he's Selena level tsundere but he has his moments okay? I swear the comments are gonna eat me alive...

I need to stay on topic. At least I hope you're getting a laugh out of this...

Since Takumi feels inferior to his other siblings, especially Ryoma, it gives us a little bit more of his jealousy and envy part of his character. We also can see the major envy when in the support conversations with his own son, Kiragi. He notices his son is better than him and in jealousy he tried to bring him down to fundamentals. He feels guilty at the end and reveals his secret. Luckily Kiragi doesn't mind so alls well that ends well.

Well since he has so many entities traits, you surely must hate him right? Wrong. I actually love Takumi's character because it lets us know not everyone is perfect and not everyone can push down jealousy or wrath or their own feelings. Takumi lashes out and hides his true feelings, which is bad for him. But in reality he loves his family but he's so driven by the seven deadly sins. Well, at least two or three of them. Definitely not Lust. Takumi is a complex character who actually has a good side.

In his supports with Sakura neither want to go to a banquet so they make a plan together not to go and they have sibling bonding time and it's freaking adorable! In his B support with Azura we learn that he's actually very good with kids! Seriously that was the most adorable thing I've ever seen him do! He has a good side!

Every character has a good side! Even if we don't see it in the game! Heck, even Zola had a good side!

Iago and Hans don't. They're just pure evil.

I personally believe Takumi doesn't deserve all the hate he gets. I know it's "for the memes" but there are other characters that I personally believe should be hated way more than this guy. Takumi isn't evil, he has a complex and conduct behind him. Look before you judge.

 You can't form an opinion before knowing both sides of the story

 #PraiseTakumi