Henry x Reader

Request by kwaiicookies. I'm sorry if my writing still sucks, still feel bad...

Eh. You don't cares you just wanna read so here you go.

You couldn't sleep tonight. 

A restless night tonight. The night was dark and full of creepy noises. Yeah, creeped out says the lady in love with the most creepy man in existence. But yeah, you were too scared to sleep. Plus the terrain your tent was on was extremely rough.

You decided to take a small stroll.

The campsite was pretty, but it was shadowed at night by the darkness and creepy cicada noises out you on edge.  It edgy edge but it made you unnnerved. Maybe if you could get familiar with the area you can sleep.

While roaming around you find the man you fell in love woth who made his home in creepiness like this and with crows sitting on a tee stump just happily existing. Why not go up to him.

Oh? He looks so peaceful. His always closed eyes gave you the impression he fell asleep sitting there. I mean, he was unmoving and his breath was steady while sitting up. He was even slouched a bit. 

You sat down on the immediate right of him, leaning back on the stump. Your drowsiness finally caught up to you and your eyes finally closed. Maybe his presence gave you the security in the unfamiliar area allowing you to enter sleep.

Henry wasn't asleep at all, however. He glanced over to see his tactician sitting there, resting. You was tensed up still, even in your sleep. Aww, poor thing. Henry chcukled to himself and slid off the stump and next to you.

Henry mover your head so you were laying on his shoulder comfortably. He saw your smile spread over your lips while in a land of dreams. He wondered what you'd dream of. Definitely not blood or crows, like he does. But hopefully something you enjoy. Maybe like you're in the largest library in the world! What? He didn't know what tacticians do for fun!

Like that, he fell asleep next to you. Both of you had a nice, restful night. Then morning rose.

You groggily open your eyes and feel your back not up against the stump anymore. You look right, same as ever. You move your eyes left and recoil in shock. Henry?! Wait, were you leaning on him?! Oh no! He'll think you're a freak! The irony.

Henry senses you're awake. He, in fact  has been up for the past hour just watching you at peace. He would have woken you up when he heard Chrom's voice ring looking for you burn it looked a small though you handt had a sleep like that in ages. So he let you sleep. Luckily his closed eyes gave the impression he was asleep.

"Morning! How did ya sleep?"

He asks with his normal cheeriness. Your face blushes redder than the blood he was so fascinated with. Ironic considering blush is just the blood rushing up to your face out of your heart beating faster. Yes, you looked it up.

"Oh, I, uh... best I've had in weeks?"

That came out like a question. Wow he thinks you're in idiot. Nope. He just cackles and stands up, bringing you up with him.

"Well then, next time you need a good sleep you know where to find me!"

He grins and walks off back to camp. You stare at him a moment before a thought flashes your mind. You run up to him and grab his hand, he turns around to your shy blushing face.

"I... I don't know how to get back."

He chuckles and takes your hand in his. It felt... nice. Secure. Then he lead you back to camp where Chrom would go frantic looking for you. 

Frederick blamed Henry.

Okay how was that?

~Eva