Shigure x Reader

Modern AU because I'm tired of the ocean's Gray waves today.

Okay, breathe in breathe out. You got this. You look over to Shigure and he has the same face. You got this. We got this. Let's go.

You look out to the crowd. UIL competition and you were a duet act for the performing arts segment of a very small school called Valla high. You were your school's only hope for getting an award because Nohr and Hoshido high are way to buff and have lots of students.

You had a plan, and it was two songs Sung over one another. No other school attempted this and won. You found the perfect songs and would sing them together. This was the time to do just that. 

Song is above I am NOT typing those names they are way too damn long.

After your act you both held hands and bowed. That was hard to keep track of your own beat alongside with his, but with lost of time practicing both singing and dancing you'd think you'd a total least get in the room five acts. 

Since you were an act near the middle you both had time to wait before the awards ceremony. You had time for lunch. You and Shigure went to the food court.

"Wendy's or Chic-Fil-A?"

You ask him. He looked around the food court realizing  the rest of the resteraunt here are either Asian food (he doesn't like it) or barbecue (you hate it.) those two places were the only choices, and he was really feeling the urge to eat more chicken.

"The second one."

So you both silently yet happily walked in line. You both forgot you were wearing your UIL costumes so you got some weird looks. Whatever. You got your food and ate it happily. You even had a nice conversation in between bites.

"How do you think we did?"

"We should have translated the lyrics, the judges must have thought we were speaking jibberish."

"Yeah but if we translated it we would have to add words to rhyme and maybe change words to keep it up to beat. It ruins the whole point of the song!"

You pout. He sighs. Agreed. Unless the dub artist was talented at what they'd do the interpretation coul be entirely wrong. It's like translating Beowulf, each word has a different meaning and it's hard to rewrite something from another language. Plus one judge looked like she was Japanese so it was fine.

Now it was time for the ceremony. You both anxiously waited the top twenty, then ten, then the top three rolled around. Shigure was squeezing your hand, siting for your names to be called. You were starting to doubt your act.

They were calling first place now. Nope, you lost so bad you didn't even place top twenty.

"Shigure And (Your name) from Valla High!"

The name called out And you srpung up in surprise. Shigure smiled and you dragged him back up to the stage to get your awards.

YOU WON! WE WON! WE WON! WE WON!!!!

The world turned upside... DOWN! Okay hamilton emergence aside that freaking sucked but I needed a oneshot today. YouTube is taking over my life,