Henry x Reader

Blood oozed out of your skin. A deep wound on the side of your arm you couldn't heal yourself. You didn't have a cleric or mink nearby so you were screwed. RIP Reader, rest in pepperonis.

You were alone in your section of the battlefield. Why did Robin leave you alone? You weren't strong on your own. You needed someone strong by your side with some defensive skill. Sully, Kjelle, Kellam, Frederick. Any armored unit would have been enough. You were just a myrmadon. You couldn't do anything on your own. Defense was your biggest downfall. Good job choosing defense as your flaw you noob!

You saw a glimmer of white and purple enter your vision and two brown eyes. Brown? Huh. Lots of people had brown eyes but none so milky chocolate, so light. They looked almost comforting. They looked into your soul.

A voice so pained, a voice that was supposed to be eternally happy wasn't. It croaked in melancholy and Vengance, straining out every word. It hurt your soul, which he was gazing into with his open eyes.

"Please... don't die. I don't want you to die yet."

It was the very man so infactuated with blood and gore in the first place. The man who was always cakilimg and had a crowd of crows surrounding him. This was Henry, the plegian dark mage who had a knack for killing and blood. And he didn't want you to bleed to death.

"Here! MAybe a spell in my tome will... please... anything to keep you alive."

He obviously cared about you. His permanent smile was permanent after all. You reached uo with your fine arm and caressed his pure white cheek, honestly a little ironic for his interests.

"Henry... I swear I won't die. I swear it."

You smiled weakly at him and covered your hash back up. Henry looked arm the gash and then he reached his hand over to the bottom of his shirt. He straight up tore a large chunk of it off and he wrapped it around your arm. You smiled with salty tears in your eyes as he did so. Hsi eyes open all the while.

You know, those eyes are really pretty. Youd love to see them one more time before you pass away. Yeah, like that.

Henry looked into your eyes and took his forehead to yours, he was crying. Henry the optimist was crying. You reached forward and planted a kiss on his nose. You didn't know why, but it would count as a first kiss before you die. Take one off the old bucket lists. No wait, you added "See Henry open his eyes" to the lost recently so that's two. Only one left are get married and have a son. Guess you won't get around to those after all...

Not in this life at least....

...

YOU THOUGHT I WAS ENDING IT THERE!? HELL NO IM IN A GOOD MOOD! 

You woke uo in a daze. You were in a medical bed with your arm properly bandaged up. But there was was bloody piece of familiar cloth laying on your chest clutched in your left, your good, hand. 

You tried to sit uo but your shoulders let out a surge of pain that went through every nerve in your body. You seethed and you felt someone push you back down. You groaned and opened your eyes fully to see the same milky chocolate ones from the battlefield.

Was this heaven? Didn't you go to heaven and this was a figment of imagination for your soul? Because that looked a lot like-

"(Your name)? (YOUR NAME)!?"

He screamed and his eyes closed again, a smile taking over his lips. His closed eyes really did suit him better, but it was a pitty to his eye color. You smiled weakly and try to reach your left hand over. Henry saw this and entwined his fingers to yours.

"You're Alive! If you died.... I would probably kill myself too. Please don't leave me! Please!"

He laid down on your body and began sobbing again. His hand still ho,omg yours you couldn't do much more than rest your Chin on the top of his scalp. In a very frail voice you said to him:

"I swore it."