Leo x Reader

You were reading. Why were you reading? You had nothing to do. You had no use since Felicia rejoined your groups. Everyone always liked the kawaii maids and the clumsy ones. Nobody liked the actually serious maids. Or the ones without long ass hair.

So he here you were. You wore normal clothes and were reading a book. There was no reason to wear your maid outfit if you were practically fired by now. You sighed in your book.

That's when you looked over at the thousands of books to see the prince himself picking me ptu one and taking a seat near you. Probally here to either de stress and read a nice novel or touch up on some tactics.

"Lord Leo, well met."

You look up from your novel at him. He was probally the first person not to be fazed thst you were wearing a normal gown instead of a maid's costume. He was probally the first person who knew you belonged here at first sight.

"(Your name), well met."

That's little greeting was something only the two of you knew. Why only you both knew it? It was mentioned in a favorable novel that while you both were kids you introduced him to. It was your favorite at the time and you took it as part of your job to show him the best books.

You cracked a smile and he did in turn. He flashed the cover to you to reveal it was the very same book. You also returned the smile and flashed your cover. It was a second copy of the same book. Book buddies. Yeah. 

"I see you still remember."

"Of course. Nobody really payed attention to me other than you, my lord. It's one of my fondest memories."

Leo let his smile falter and become his normal straight face. You didn't even notice how melancholy your statement was. You looked down at the chapter where the servant meets the princes and helps her escape the castle from her evil father who wanted her to marry some stuck up prince. A cliche story, but it enticed you every time. Ecspecially the fact that the servant and the princess end up together.

"(Your name)."

You looked back up in his eyes once more. He took out his headband and placed it on your head. You were confused why he did this. He opened the book to chapter thirty nine, the proposal chapter. It was a long book. 

"You remember when Amal realizes he fell for Victoria?"

"Of course. It's one of the most memorable pages. Amal was woth her as she had to prepare for a  ball to meet her future husband, Vicktor. Helping her into her out of her tight as hell corset after words made him see the true beauty of how hard she tries."

Leo nodded. He looked down to his book again. You looked down again at the book, wondering what the prince was thinking of.

"Do you remember when's Victoria fell for Amal?"

You nodded again. It was clear as day and the mos beautiful scene to you. It was so amazing and we'll written. 

"Victoria was walking aorund the castle, deep in thought about her situation and what she really wanted. She ended up weeping to herself and Amal came in to console her. That's when she fell in love."

Leo nodded again, stating that you were correct. He had paused and his face reddened before he asked:

"Do you remember when you fell for me?"

Without skipping a beat or realizing what was happening. You poured out the story. You absent mindedly confessed to the prince. And allow me to remind you of your status as a maid.

"I was working on a extravagantly large meal for when Garon was visiting with the the okder servants when I was ten and you were nine. I saw you sneak into the kitchen looking for a tomato, since the appetizer was ratitiouie. I spared you an extra causing me to lose dinner that night."

Leo comprehended the story but you were still right reading the book once more, not taking mind what you were really saying. Then he asked...

"Then do you know when I fell for you?"

Okay that was the comment that snapped you back to reality and you just stared in his eyes. He shifted in his seat and cleared his throat.

"I suppose you don't know. Well... I was eleven and you were twelve. You were washing the laundry and you thought nobody was around. You took one of Corrin's dresses and wore it yourself. It was pure white and you looked like a bride. That was the day I wanted to make you mine."

You still stared at him. Leo comtinued, you were co fused on hiw story went on. You had no memory of this at the moment.

"You then turned and grabbed my very own headband being shined. You wore it with the white dress and the contrast brought out your eyes and short hair.  But no, that's not the only thing. Exactly two years and three months later you came in to my chambers late one night. Father had sent me away without dinner for backtalking him like then hormonal teenager i was. I was starving but there you were with a tomato ripe as could be. You also came in with a roll and a small hunk of stake. You were there for me when no on else was. That was the real moment I knew I needed you."

Leo stood up and walked up towards you. He placed his hand on your dumbfounded shoulder. He reached his face down and kissed you. You were so shocked right now you couldn't respond. Leo took this the wrong way.

"I suppose you don't-"

You cut him off by pulling on his backwards collar to kiss him once more. You stood up with him and wrapped your arms around his neck, his arms snaked around your waist. Once you both broke away his hand cupped your cheek. You thought of a joke and chuckled. He cocked his head and you explained the thing.

"I guess I'm not fired, but promoted."

Leo laughed softly with you. He kissed you again. Then felicia came in looking for him and dropped her tea tray.

And this was long but the babies are asleep so I have time. Also listening to legally blonde. I'm trying to stop being a fake musical theater fan and listen to a wider variety. I still think heathers And Dear Evan Hansen are the best so far. But some songs from Kinky Boots top them... I don't know man.

~Eva