Chapter 21-Is He Firing Me?

My heart started beating fast. I did not know what to do. I was trying to find some excuses but on this short time nothing was coming in my mind.

Because of me, Sarah and Fathima were getting yelled.

What kind of bestfriend am I ?

Before I could do anything,one of the bodyguard showed me to Zaheer.

This time I won't be saved! Ya Allah help me. If Zaheer gets-

"Muhayba!"Zaheer said angrily and hugged me.

I gave Sarah and Fathima a worried look.

All the bodyguards went oustide.

"Where were you?"He asked me
politely.

"Where were you girl?" Asked Asad worriedly and came towards me.

They were looking at me and waiting me to reply their answers. I was pondering If they got to know where I was,they would surely make me leave this job.

Come on Muhayba! Don't stay mum! They'll think something is definitely wrong!

"Muhayba? Couldn't you tell me earlier that you were staying at Fathima's place? Huh?"Said grandma to me.

I sat on the couch and still giving a look at Sarah and Fathima. They gave me look 'Don't say anything to tell them'.

I looked away and tried to be calm. They all were looking at me weirdly because of the way I was behaving.

"Muhayba! I'm talking to you! Where were you? Can't you reply?"Said Zaheer angrily.

"Muhayba!"He said.

I looked at his face and keep on scrutinising him and laughed infront of him.

"What?"They said except Sarah and Fathima.

"Grandma! You did not tell Za (Zaheer)?I was at Fathima's place?"I said and pretending to make my talks as if it's true.

"Yes! you were at her place, that's why when I went at her place you were not there-where were you? Did someone-"I interrupted Zaheer's talk.

"Chill! Take a long breathe bro, so it's mean when today you didn't see me at Fathima's place, you thought I was actually not really there?"I said and did not know when this matter came out from my mouth.

"Obviously if he did not see you, that prove you were not there!"Said Asad.

"Incorrect." I spoke confidently.

"What do you mean?"Asad asked and Zaheer kept glaring at me.

I stood up and held Zaheer and Asad's hands and made them sit on the couch.

"I was at her place,but the time you came to search me,I was not there, where I was? Guess?"I looked at them and behaved as if I was playing a game.

"Do you think I am playing a game with you? that you are telling to guess."Zaheer said angrily.

"Just say where were you? and why you did not-"I interrupted him.

"I was at the-market. Why? Say why? Well-I was buying something for my beloved brother but what he did? He spoiled my surprise."I said this and realise what if he would ask me the surprise then what I would say to him.

"If that so- then how did you get to know that I was about to come today ? I did not say anyone." He said and was about to feel something was certainly wrong.