Chapter 34- The Truth

And I thought it was him who I was desperately waiting for.

"Will you marry me?" He asked. I wasn't believe he would confess that also to me. Before I was about to speak,I heard a balloon blew up. When I turned behind, I saw everyone was surrounding us. There were Zaheer, grandma, Hayat aunty, uncle Zayr,Huzaifah, my bestfriends,my other aunties , uncles and others cousins. It was a warehouse interior.

"Wooooooooooohoooooo" they shouted and clapped their hands, I was not getting why they were behaving like this, they did not yet know my answer then how could them just clap hands.

"I did not yet answer and- " he cut off my sentence. It was Ashfaq ibn Qayim- one of the brothers of my cousin who once got a proposal. His family came too. He was just my childhood friend and today what he did - I'm just shocked.

"Listen Ashfaq- what you thinking it's-" his mother cut off my sentence. No one was letting me to speak-
"Now I got a second daughter from Musab family." She said and holding my hands. I just gave a fake smile to all of them. My heart wasn't admitted it.

I was wondering it was Aryan Sir who called me here and how this happened when I again entered in the message and I then realised it was not this address I supposed to come, I made a blunder.

Ya Allah what did I do? And I thought it's Aryan did this for me- how can you think like that Muhayba? He doesn't love you! Stupid! From when you start thinking like that?

Ashfaq's mom and his sisters made Ashfaq and I sat together on the couch. I maintained a distance. He was smiling at me- I gave a fake smile back.

"You are looking so beautiful." Ashfaq said and staring at me. "Ja-jazakillah." Again fake smile.
"Listen Ashfaq I need to-" Someone again interrupted me. It was Zaheer. He was so happy with this proposal- I never saw him that happy, I felt happy seeing him like that, he always been serious but today the way he's smiling it felt happiness. I felt elated for some instance because of my brother.

"Awww see how much our sister-in-law is happy with Ashfaq." His sisters were commenting. "Ashfaq listen! It's not like-" he again and again cutting me off. " Relax Muhayba! I know it's too early but don't worry I'm giving you space." He said to me.

Why isn't he understanding? He isn't even letting me to talk and plus of that here it's useless talking to him in private,everyone keeps interrupting.

Food and drinks were serving. All of a. sudden,everyone came sat on the other couch which found infront us.Ashfaq's family started speaking to my family. "We are deciding after three weeks for the engagement of Ashfaq and Muhayba." They said happily.

"Sarah I need to speak to you!" I made signal to her. She came and -"Sarah how come you're here?" I asked all of a sudden to her. " Muhayba you were supposed to come at my place and you didn't say me? Thank god ! Zaheer said me." She said.
"I then sent you a message to reach here" She continued.

Ya Allah what did I do? Why didn't I see who sent the message and I thought it's Aryan who changed the address- see now bear the consequence- it's all because of me! I wish it was Aryan who could proposed me- what am I saying ? -

I got a call all of a sudden, it was Aryan calling me, I picked up the call and- "enough of phone,later you pick up." Hayat aunty hung the call.

What will Aryan think now that it's me who hung his call- he would be so angry with me- why am I so concerning ? Can you shut up Muhayba?

"Ashfaq please listen to me! I really need to talk to you urgently!" As soon I said, his mother held my hands and dragged me happily to the dining table.