Sardis ( 4 )

Ty and I had been flying on Raikou for an hour or so. The sun should be coming up soon however it was still pretty dark out. The only source of light was the moon that was shining dimly in the sky.

"We need to land", Ty said out of the blue.

"Why?"

"Raikou has picked up something sent were not alone up here."

"What is it?"

"I'm not sure."

For some reason that scared me. So far Ty has had all the answers to my questions. If he didn't know then this could turn real bad real fast.

We then began our descent to the ground. Ty kept looking around trying to see if he could spot whatever Raikou had smelled. I did the same. If Ty was this paranoid about something it couldn't be good. As we got lower Raikou got more uneasy. It was like he was scared. If this giant dragon was scared of something I didn't want to meet what it was.

Then I heard it. It was small, but it sent chills down my spine. A small hissing noise. I looked in the direction of the noise. It looked like the black night sky was moving, but the scary part was that it was coming towards us. I tried to tell Ty but I couldn't form the words so I tighten my grip on him. He turned his head around to see what was wrong. Worry was written all over his face.

"What's wrong? What did you see?" Ty asked.

I only pointed to the object in the sky. Ty looked to where I was pointing and narrowed his eyes at it.

"Raikou, light him up," Ty said coldly.

The dragon listend as he turned his head and opened his mouth, but no fire came out instead blazing white lightning bolts erupted out of Raikou's mouth.

A loud painful roar filled the air as Raikou's lightning hit its mark. The small victory was short lived as the object shot a stream of fire at us which Raikou easily dogged. However, the light from the fire allowed me to see the creature. It was a large black dragon with cold eyes.

Maybe if it was trying to kill us I would think that it was pretty, but right now it was trying to so it was ugly

Maybe if it was trying to kill us I would think that it was pretty, but right now it was trying to so it was ugly. Very ugly.

Raikou flapped his wings and dived down to the ground. Most likely because of one of Ty telepathic commands. Raikou landed on the ground quickly. But the black dragon was close behind him.

"Get off I don't want you to get hurt," Ty said looking me in the eye.

By the look in his eyes, I knew fighting back was useless, but he was right I had no way of fighting the black dragon. I would only be in the way.

"Alright, just please don't die cuz you're my ride," I said as I slipped off Raikou's back.

He smirked and said," Stay safe, Al."

He unsheathed his sword and held it in his hand.

Raikou then opened his wing jumped into the sky

Raikou then opened his wing jumped into the sky. I watched from the ground as the sky turned into a sea of fire and lighting. Pained screams filled the air from both of the dragons as they clashed. I felt helpless as I stood on the ground clutching my egg and watching Ty, Raikou and the other dragon. Raikou let out a battle cry as lightning flashed around him.

"Show off", I said laughing to myself.

"Indeed. Tyranis always does like to show off. Especially if a pretty girl is around" a soft voice from behind me said.

I turned and saw a man about my age. He had raven black hair and icy blue eyes. The man was clad in black with a sword on his belt.

"Who are you?," I said clutching my egg protectively

"Relax my dear I'm not here to hurt you. You see I'm just like you I'm a dragon rider too. See.",He said raising his hand to show me his mark.

"Where's your dragon?" I asked but I already knew the answer

"Sweetie you know the answer to that," he said pointing up to the black dragon in the sky.

"Who are you?"

"Me? You mean Tyranis hasn't told you about me. I'm hurt"He said as he put his hand over his heart acting hurt. He started walking closer to me before continuing his speech. "Well, I guess he doesn't care about you if he didn't think you were important enough to know about me. You know if you came with me I would make you a very important person." He finished as he lifted up my hand and kiss it.

"Sorry but I'm not going anywhere with you. Hell, you won't even tell me your name" I said pulling my hand away.

"If you wanted my name all you had to do was ask beautiful. Its Sardis."

"What do you want?"

"Will isn't it obvious. I want you, Larisa. You are the first girl dragon rider. You're special my dear and that egg of yours is a Flamezephyr if I'm right. The Flamezephyr is one of the strongest breeds out there. Look I know it's a lot to take in so I will let you think it over. When you have made your choice of which team you play for, call me" he said then handed me a folded up piece of paper.

"Sardis get away from her!" Ty yelled as Raikou landed.

Raikou looked fine from his fight with Sardis's dragon. However, Ty was a was not as lucky. He had a large and deep gash above his right eye. The blood was running into his eye which was making it hard for him to see.

Ty hopped off of Raikou, sword in hand as he stomped towards Sardis with a murderous look in his eyes and the blood wasn't helping.

"I SAID GET AWAY FROM HER" he yelled again pointing his sword at Sardis.

"Now, now Tyranis calm down I was just leaving, besides we both know normal swords like that won't do any harm to either one of us," Sardis said putting his hands up in defense.

"Maybe, but it will still hurt like a bitch when I run it through your chest."

"Wow so cruel Tyranis, but I think I will be leaving now, "he said backing up from Ty's sword. "Orion come" Sardis shouted into the sky. The black dragon, Orion, came and landed next to his rider who climbed onto his back and the two then flew off into the sky.

Ty sighed and lowered his sword.

"Are you alright? Did he hurt you?" He said as walked up to me looking for any injuries.

"No, I'm fine."

"Good."