Chapter 1: It all started with boredom.

Noah's POV
Everyday is the same. Everyday is the same and it's making me feel a certain way. It's making me feel fed up. I have a routine. Everyday I wake up, have a shower, go to school, go home, finish homework, go to the coffee shop then go home and sleep. This is what happens Monday's, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Saturdays, well Saturdays are a little different. I wake up, baby sit my little brother while my mom is in work. Teach guitar to my cousin Aimee then go to the coffee shop for the rest of the day.
On Sunday's I wake up, go to the coffee shop first thing then leave to go home and have a family movie night.
Yes, my life is fine, but imagine doing the same thing over and over and over again for years and years upon years.
I have no friends, no people my age to socialise with or talk to about teenage drama.
Okay, so you're probably wondering why I am at the coffee shop constantly. I'm a musician, well at least that's what I want to be. I go to the coffee shop everyday and write poems, songs and Instrumentals In the peace. Everyone who works in the coffee shop knows who I am. All of them are quite young, the oldest of them all, Kendra, is only 29.
I guess you could call them my friends, but I can't open up to them.
I've been feeling this way about my life ever since my dad passed away. It's like I've been drowning in thoughts and emotions. There is constantly a voice in my head playing the angel and the devil at the same time and it drives me insane. I channel my emotions through my music. I'd never show my pieces to anyone, I'm way too shy and I basically have zero confidence. How can I ever be a professional musician if I can't even hum a tune in front of someone.
My fathers death really effected me. Even though my dad and I weren't extremely close, I was closest with him than I was with anyone. I'm not close at all with my mum, or my two brothers. I've already explained how I have no friends. So ever since he passed, it's been lonelier than usual. My father died 4 years ago. All of my family have seemed to move on now.
The coffee shop is my escape, my sanctuary. It keeps me from my darkest thoughts and brings me peace when I need it the most.

One day I had an idea. I was curious but also desperate. I was wondering if anyone else ever sat at my table. I sit at the same table everyday, but I wondered if someone else sat there everyday, just when I wasn't there. I wondered if anyone else called it 'their table'.
I wondered if I left a note there, that someone would read it and reply. Then, maybe, just maybe I could make a friend. So I decided to write a note. I wrote a fact file on myself so they could get to know me. Honestly, I didn't think that it would work. I didn't think that anyone would read it.

It all started with boredom.