Chapter 2: My basic life.

Richelle's POV

Everyday is the same. I go to school then go to the coffee shop to do my homework then go straight to the dance studio. I try to keep out of the house as much as possible. I love my siblings, but they don't understand. They don't understand because it doesn't happen to them.
For some reason my mom hates me. She always has.
My dad, my dad is just there. He doesn't do anything, he just goes to work, had dinner with us then goes to bed.
I only have one friend. Lola. But we're not extremely close. I feel like I can't tell her certain things.
I have this thing that goes on with me. I can't tell anyone but I feel like I should. I have forbidden myself to tell anyone otherwise my siblings would hate me. Sure, I have people at the studio that I sometimes hang around with if I don't feel like going home. But they aren't my friends, they're just people I have dance competitions with and people I have 5 minute conversations with.
I take my schoolwork very seriously. That's why I come to the coffee shop everyday to finish my homework. I guess you could say I have a routine.
On weekdays I wake up, go to school, walk straight to the coffee shop to finish all my homework, catch the bus to the dance studio (where I keep my dance bag overnight) then catch a ride home with Lola.
On Saturdays I wake up go for a run in the park, catch a bus to the studio, teach 5-8 year olds a dance lesson, go to the coffee shop for the last 2 hours that it's open while writing short stories in my journal then walk home.
On Sundays I wake up early to be forced to go to church (even though my family isn't religious, my mum just says it's good for the family image) then go to the studio, then I go to the gym, go to the coffee shop for the last hour that it's open then I walk home.
Yes, my life seems fine. But it's repetitive and I hate it.
You'd think that with so much time I spend out of the house my mom wouldn't have time to hit me and call me every name under the sun. But she always finds a way.
I focus on school so I can pass my exams. I want to be able to move out of Toronto to get away from my dysfunctional life and become a dance choreographer. Nothing is going to keep me from getting away. I just hope that my exam results are good enough that a university somewhere out of Toronto accepts me.

I need a friend.