Chapter 26: Panic Attack.

Richelle's PoV

Waking up in a comfortable bed is the best feeling ever. I'm so thankful that Noah insisted I came here last night. It's Monday morning and I'm supposed to have school. I can barely walk though... I cannot miss school. If I miss school I could fall behind which means that I won't get good grades which means I won't get into university which means I'll never be able to get away from my family. I start to feel really anxious. Fran is letting me stay in the spare room and I can never thank her enough, imagine, I could be on the street right now.
Suddenly it feels like no air is getting to my lungs. Thoughts rush around my mind just saying "RICHELLE YOU NEED TO GO TO SCHOOL. YOU NEED TO GET AWAY FROM YOUR FAMILY"
I start to panic and try to sit up, but I couldn't for the pain was still too much. I whimpered as I tried to pull myself up, still not breathing properly. Was I having a panic attack? Was I dying? All I know is that I need to get to school so she can't hurt me again. The pain becomes too much for me and I fall off of the bed. I'm a mess. I can't breathe. Tears cascade down my cheeks and my eyes begin to close. I start to sob quite loud because of the pain and because of How scared I am because of my breathing.
"Ahhh" I cry out.

Noah's POV

I wake up in the morning in a surprisingly good mood. It's all because of Richelle. I'm so grateful to my mum for letting her stay with us. There was no way I would let Richelle be homeless. I get up and brush my teeth. It's Monday, I have school. There was a knock on my door.
"Come in" I shout before spitting toothpaste out of my mouth.
My mum enters and smiles at me.
"Good morning honey, just wanted to let you know that I understand if you want to miss school today... you know... for Richelle" she says.
"Really?" I say shocked. This is so unlike her.
"Yeah Noah. With the condition she is in she shouldn't be left alone and I can't take care of her since I have work and can't miss it" she frowns.
"Thanks for understanding mum" I smile while giving her a hug.
"Okay well I'm leaving right now. Tyson is gone out to god knows where and I'm taking king to school on my way" she says walking towards the door.
"Okay mum" I say turning around.
"Oh and Noah?" She says, her hand holding the handle.
"Yeah?"
"Put a shirt on, I don't want any funny business under my roof" she says before shutting the door and wandering down the stairs.
I let out a little chuckle. I go to the bathroom and wash my face. When I come back inside I see that my mums car is gone.
Wow. Me missing school? That's never happened before. Well, apart from when my dad died.
All of a sudden I hear a thud and some loud sobs.
Richelle!
I speed into her room and find her on the floor hyperventilating.
I rush to her side and move the hair out of her face before cupping her cheeks.
"Richelle whats wrong?!" I cry.
"I-I-I n.... I need to g-go to school" she manages to get out between breaths.
"Richelle you can't! You're not well enough and you're in so much pain!" I say with tears in my eyes.
"Noah I-I-if I d-don't g-g-go she will hurt me" she pants.

This broke my heart. Even when she's in this much pain she's wants to put herself through more so her mother doesn't hurt her? This is so messed up! Richelle certainly does not deserve this.
"Noah I don't know what's wrong with me! I c-c-can't breathe" she makes out.
Oh my god.
"Richelle, baby it's okay, you're having a panic attack. You're not dying you're fine. Baby look at me" I say moving her face so she can look towards me.
Her eyes were glistening with tears and her breathing became calmer.
"Baby you're going to be fine" I said calmly.
"F-fine?" She stuttered.
"I promise" I whisper, stroking her hair.