Chapter 43: Time to talk.

Noah's POV

It's been 3 hours since we got home and Richelle still hasn't said a word to me. I know she's not ignoring me in a malicious way but I just hate that she doesn't want to talk to me about this. I understand her though, if she opens up about it she'll break down, she doesn't want that and I most certainly don't either. Why would I want my girlfriend to cry? I quickly have a shower and walk into my room where Richelle sits elegantly on my bed. I make eye contact with her and give her a small smile, she does the same. I quickly dry my hair with a towel and then head downstairs to get something to drink.
"Richelle still upstairs?" My mum asks as I walk into the kitchen.
"Yeah" I sigh.
"She still not talking?"
"No not really. It's okay though" I shrug.
"You're a good boyfriend to her Noah" my mum says wrapping her arm around my shoulder.
"I'm very proud of the way you protect and love her" she smiles.
This makes my heart smile wide, this coming from my mother means that I'm definitely doing something right and that makes me so happy.
"Thanks Mum" I laugh.
"Noah let me tell you something..." she trails off, leaning on the kitchen counter.
"What is it?" I question
"A mother knows what's best for her children. It's nothing we can control, it's just a natural instinct we have about our kids. I can see and sense how much love you have for her and it's outstanding. I've never known someone to love another person that much. I have also never known you to be so happy. Noah I'm telling you.... she's the one" she finishes.
Wow. What do I say to that? I mean, of course Richelle is the one, she's my godly locks. I love her so much but I didn't know that my mother felt like that.
"Wow Mum..." I whisper, astonished. She just backs out of the room and gives me a subtle nod. I know what that nod means..... it's time to talk to Richelle.