Chapter 31: That's my girl.

Noah's POV

It breaks my heart to see Richelle cry. She doesn't deserve any of this shit.
"Come on, let's go home" I say smiling down at her, she just simply nods. I gently place my arm around her small shoulders. "Richie, wait!" Yells a voice from behind us.
I spin my head around and see Abbey running towards us. I glance at Richelle and she looks defeated.
"What Abbey?" Richelle asks wiping away her tears quickly.
" look, I know I'm not the best sister in the world, but I do care about you!" She says out of breath.
"Didn't seem like it when you just sat there and smiled when our own mother beat me until she was satisfied with my injuries! Or on the occasions where she came close to killing me, what did you do? You just sat there and fucking watched! So forgive me Abbey, forgive me if I don't give a shit about what you have to say to me" shouted Richelle, looking angrier by the second.
That's my girl. I'm so proud of her for standing up for herself like that.

Abbey looked stunned and so she should, I didn't expect that to come out of Richelle either.
"I'm sorry, I know I can't make it up to you but let me help you find some place to stay or let me convince mum to let you come home" Abbey pleaded with Richelle.
"No way! That place has never been my home and I don't want anything to do with it anymore. I have some where to stay. I live with Noah and his loving, caring, sweet family... Unlike ours". Richelle replied, cold as stone. Abbey looked hurt by this and I tightened my grip on Richelle, pulling her closer into me.
"What about your things? Have you been wearing the same clothes?" Abbey asked disgusted as well as dumbfounded.
"Fran, Noah's mum has let me borrow her old clothes for now" Richelle said looking down, not making eye contact with abbey.
"Let me bring you your things from home, to try and help you in any way I can!" Cried abbey.
she looked genuinely sorry for everything that she and her family have done to Richelle. Richelle nodded.
"Meet me here tomorrow, same time" abbey said looking sympathetic towards Richelle one last time before running back to the coffee shop.
"Are you okay?" Is ask Richelle while guiding her with my hand down the street.
"It felt good to finally scream at her" she chuckled, resting her head on my shoulder.
There's a small silence while we walk.
"I'm proud of you for standing up to her" I smile widely.
"Thank you, I love you" she replied.
I stopped dead in my tracks and so did she.