Chapter 45: Looking in the dirty mirror.

Richelle's PoV

These scars. They're not attractive. Noah can't see me like this. Wait... he already has! What if he didn't enjoy it? What if he was faking it so he didn't hurt my feelings!? Oh my god. My own boyfriend doesn't find me attractive! Shit, I am ugly. I hate myself! These scars, these cuts, these bruises, they're not okay. Noah... I can't even think about that.  Suddenly I hear knocking on the door.
"Baby? You've been in there a while everything okay?" Asks a concerned Noah. What am I supposed to do? Does it even matter anymore? Tears, running down my face like water flowing out of a shower head.

Noah's POV

What is she doing in there? She is never normally this long in the bathroom, is everything okay?
I continue to knock but there is still no answer coming from her.
"Baby I'm getting worried now, just tell me that you're okay" I plead against the cold door.
"I'm not okay Noah, I'm a mess" I hear, she sounds a little pissed off.
"Can I come in?" I ask softly.
"No!" She shouts quickly. I hear things ruffling from the other side of the door.
"Baby are you finished in there? What's going on Richelle?" I question.
"I haven't even showered yet Noah, I'll be out now" she says, her voice sullen.
She's been in there forever and she hasn't even showered yet? What has she been doing in there for this amount of time? Suddenly, an evil thought crosses my mind. She hasn't been.... cutting right? I swear to god I really hope she hasn't!  I mean... she has been having a bad time but... she wouldn't would she? I have to go in. I have to make sure she isn't hurting herself!
I walk in slowly, thoughts racing through my tired mind.
But... all I see is my angel of a girlfriend standing in the mirror, naked and crying. Why?
"Richelle what's the matter baby?" I ask rushing up to her.
"Noah! You can't see me like this! Stop!" She shouts frantically. She starts shaking everywhere, she looks terrified.
I wrap my arms around her beautiful body and whisper into her ear. "Shhh shhh baby you're okay, it's me. It's just me. I love you"
Richelle starts to calm down and control her breathing. She looks up at herself in the mirror and I can see her cringe. But why? She's absolutely gorgeous.
"Richelle why don't you want me to look at you?" I ask, staring into her eyes. Those beautiful green sparkling eyes.
"Noah did you fake it?" She asks abruptly. Closing her eyes and sighing quickly.
"Fake what?" I ask seriously confused.
"When we... our first time. Did you fake it?" She asks anxiously.
WHAT!? How could she even ask me this!? I mean... she's amazing... at everything.
"What!? Richelle of course not! How could you even think that!? You're amazing!" I say quickly. I don't want her thinking that she's bad at anything like that.
"Why do you think that?" I ask, cupping her cheeks in both hands. Staring at her glistening tears is making me worry even more.
"Because" she says bluntly. She turns around and looks into the dirty bathroom mirror.
"Because look at me. I'm covered in scars and I'm bruised almost everywhere" she cries.
It's actually painful to see her feeling this way.
"Richelle you're perfect"  I say, running my hands along her bare arms.
"No I'm not" she says, a tear drop landing on my hand.
"You may not be perfect to you. But you're perfect to me and you always will be" I whisper into her ear before placing gentle kisses down her neck.
"I love you, and it saddens me that you'll never know how much" she says turning around to face me.
"I love you Richelle Anne Nolet" I say before leaning down and kissing her salty plump lips.
"Just promise me something okay?" I ask.
She looks up at me confused. "What is it?"
I engulf her in a massive hug "never put yourself down looking in that dirty mirror ever again" I mumble In the crook of her neck.
"I promise Noah"