Chapter 60: Happy.

Noah's Pov

The atmosphere around us was happy, warm despite the perilous events that have occurred around us. Here, in the woods putting our clothes back on, the sun peeking out of the tops of the tallest trees, she looks heavenly. The golden glow beams down onto her smooth skin, making the contours of her back show while she was settling her shirt back over her shoulders. The musty smell of the forest seemed refreshing now, whereas it once irritated me. It occurred to me that I was happier than I was not 10 minutes ago, because of her. All that chat about her leaving terrified me. I couldn't even begin to fathom the pain that I would be in without her. I would miss this. Miss her.

It all got me thinking, maybe she should leave after all. All this place does is hurt her to no end. Richelle has been through so much and I wouldn't want her to go through more just because I'm too selfish to let her go. She deserves to be happy. To get all that she wants and she isn't going to get that if she stays. It pains me to say this but... My sweet Goldy Locks needs an escape, and soon.

I could look at her for hours on end. She is just so beautiful that you never get tired of looking at her. One of the many things that I adore about her is her upmost ability to put everyone else before herself. Even though she is the most important she always finds a way to try her best and please others. But can I seriously let her go? Forever? To never come back home and give me that sweet smile that indicated that she has missed me? To never see that again would be torture.

In the middle of my thoughts, she turns around and grins. Her long, alluring blonde locks in a tangle at her neck and her scars showing in the sunlight. Even like this, she is the most beautiful woman in the world. It was then that I knew that I could never in a million years part ways with her. She was my life.

"Richelle..."

"oh no, what is it?" she asks in her mesmerising melodic voice. A voice that I could listen to forever.

"I have been thinking and I... think you should leave" I manage to croak out even though it feels like a white hot branding iron pushing down my throat.

I see her face flicker into shock as I speak. She finishes getting dressed in silence, her back turned to me. I don't know what she is thinking and that frightens me. I also continue to get dressed and dig out my shirt from a pile of leaves on the ground.

"Richelle, talk to me" I whisper.

"I don't know what you want me to say Noah" she says turning around.

I see her eyes fill up with water which breaks my heart. This is the first time that I have ever been the cause of her tears, and I sincerely hope that it is the last.

"Baby please don't cry, its better if you leave, you can live your life" I say walking towards her, noticing my vision become blurry from tears.

"So what? you just- you just don't want me anymore!?" She yells tears already rolling down her cheeks.

"How could you say that!? Of course I want you Richelle! You are seriously everything to me. You think this is easy? its torture. I love you" I cry, holding her soft hands in mine.

She leans her forehead on mine and attempts to calm down. "I love you too" she whispers. "But even though I said that I would leave before and meant it, now you're actually asking me to go... I realise I just cant, it hurts too much" she whimpers.

I kiss her forehead gently, savouring the feeling.

"Baby imagine living your life without all of these problems" I say, my voice cracking.

"You're right Noah" She snaps walking away from me.

"what?"

"Living my life away from here would be amazing. Away from my mom, my dad, my siblings, Jacquie and Liam... I can't think of anything better. Except there is one problem with all of it. I lose the one thing that actually makes my life worth living! You!" she yells sounding irate.

It feels like a punch in the stomach when she says that. I knew that she loved me, a lot, but I didn't know she felt the exact same way that I felt about her.

"Do you seriously think that I can live my life without you!? just go on with my life like we never met? do you expect me to just forget all the memories that we have together? Forget the way you make me feel? Forget about the only person that has ever actually loved me? you want me to lose that Noah?" she sobs.

Her words stab my thoughts. I love her so much and don't want her to leave at all but... what if something else happens to her? The deal with Tyson was bad enough, my own brother. If I cant protect her from my own family I need to at least make sure that she gets out of this place and moves on as best as she can. Of course, I wont ever move on, there is no other girl for me. I love her too much to drag her down and deprive her of reaching her full potential as a dancer. She is a brilliant and breath-taking dancer but every time she recovers from her injuries she only has a chance to dance a couple times before something else happens. I wont put her through that anymore.

"Richelle..." I cry like a baby.

"I cant leave you! Do you not comprehend how much I love you!"

I cant take it anymore. I march towards her. I see her open her mouth to speak but the sensation of my lips crashing onto hers cuts her off.

After the kiss breaks, she stares into my eyes and it feels like magic. Maybe there is another way, a way where she can be happy and neither of us have to lose each other.

"Noah please, please don't make me go, I don't want to leave you" she cries.

"its okay Richelle, I just want you to be happy" I say stroking her hair, holding her close to my chest and never wanting to let her go.

"I wont be happy unless I'm with you..." her soft voice whispers.

"Richelle, what if I told you that there was another way. A way that allows us to be together but far far far away from this perilous place. It will be hard at first but extremely exciting" I smile.

She looks up at me confused but intrigued. "Noah what are you saying?" she smirks.

"Goldy Locks I love you. I love you so much that it physically hurts me when you're upset. You are the first and last thing that I think about every day. I cant imagine my life if I had never met you Richelle. You are everything to me and you know that I would do anything for you. No measure of time with you will be long enough"

she kisses me softly, grinning like a Cheshire Cat. "I love you Noah" she beams.

"I love you too Richelle... so..." I say triumphantly.

"so... what?" she breathes through tears.

I watch her eyes widen as I get down on one knee. She gasps and covers her mouth, tears still falling.

"marry me?"