Chapter 41: Being Alone.

Richelle's PoV

I guess you could say that I should be used to this by now. You know.... waking up in the hospital. Because hey look! It happened yet again. Bullshit. Bullishit. Bullshit. Turns out the cut on my head was from when Tyson knocked me down and I hit my head on the frame of the bathroom door. I'm just glad that it's nothing serious. The doctors said the reason I passed out was simply because of my distaste in blood. I've been awake for around an hour now and yet there is no sign of anyone except the doctors.
I'm not being clingy or anything.... I just thought at least Noah would be here when I woke up.
I turn to the nurse who is writing on my chart at the foot of the hospital bed.
"Ummm... excuse me?" I ask shyly.
"Yes miss?" Said the nurse taking a moment to meet my eyes. She had very light brown hair that was tucked neatly into a braid elongating down her back. She was quite young but you could see the tiredness behind her eyes. She looks at me expectantly. I clear my throat before I begin talking. "Umm where are the people that called the ambulance? They would be my boyfriend and his mother.... did they come?" I ask nervously.
"Yeah they're in the waiting room but the doctor said that you couldn't see anybody" she said smiling to me.
Huh. That's odd. Why?
"But the doctor said there was nothing wrong with me? Can't I see them now? Please?" I practically beg.
"Sorry, doctors orders" said the nurse with a shrug.
"Please it's important" I lie. I just need to see them, Noah especially. I know he's probably still worrying if the doctor hasn't spoken to them yet, he's going mental out there.
"According to your chart you're in perfect health so... I guess it couldn't hurt to let them in. But unfortunately I cannot discharge you, the doctor has to" she says going towards the door.
"That's okay I guess" I sigh confused.
"I'll go fetch them" she said with a smile as she walked out the door, leaving me alone again.
I used to be alone most of the time and I loved it. I loved it because it meant that my mother wasn't hurting me or the people at school weren't tormenting me. I loved it. But ever since I met Noah, I've hated it. I hate being alone now. It reminds me of those terrible times that I never want to relive.
Sooner or later the nurse walks back through the door and on her heels were Noah, Fran and Kingsley. Tyson was nowhere to be seen but.... that was no surprise. Even though what Tyson did was horrible and wrong, I still feel bad for him. I mean, after all of this blows over... I will be fine but Tyson won't. His family won't forget what he did and Noah certainly won't forgive him. It's a tricky situation and I just hope one day Tyson can change.
"Oh my god" says Noah with a beaming smile practically sprinting over to me.
"Miss me?" I teased.
"More than ever!" He jokes while laying next to me in the bed.
"We all did!" Yelled king happily. Fran smiled.
"Richelle darling do you know why we weren't allowed to see you?" Asked Fran curiously.
"I actually have no idea. I mean... I've been awake for an hour and-"
"An hour!" Yells Noah in surprise.
I nod.
"You've been in here alone for a whole hour!" He says shocked.
Again, I nod. He lets me continue.
"Well, I asked the nurse why no one was here and she said that the doctor said I can't have visitors. But that's what I don't get. Why would the doctor say that when he told me I was perfectly fine?" I say more confused than ever.
"Perfectly fine?" Fran asks.
"Yeah those were his exact words" I say trying to remember exactly what he said.
"Thank goodness you're alright, that was a lot of blood" Sighed Noah, laying his head on my shoulder.
"Did the doctor say anything else to you Richelle?" Asks Fran.
"Ummm..." I try to think. "Actually.. when I was waking up he said something quite strange now that I think about it..." I say as I remember.
"What did he say?" Asked Noah curious.
"He said that one of his fellow doctors would be looking forward to seeing me" I say slowly, thinking about what it could mean.
"Huh?" Replied Fran bewildered.
Why did he say that? Wait..... no no no.
"Wait what hospital are we in?" I ask panicking.
"St Davies... why?" Says Fran.
"But I usually go to St. Peter's, why didn't we go there!?" I ask, losing control of my breath. It feels like no air is getting into my lungs. Noah grabs my hand and looks at my face intently, trying to figure out what's going on.
"The ambulance brought you here because it's closer..." trailed off Noah.
"You don't understand I usually go to St. Peter's!" I yell. I'm pretty sure I'm now crying.
"Richelle what's wrong with this hospital?" Asks noah clearly worried.
"You don't understand!" I say through jagged breaths.
"Richelle what's going on? Why don't you want to be here?" Asks Fran puzzled.
"I need to get out of here..." I say, my breathing becoming quicker by the second. I don't think I've ever been this worried.
"Richelle! What's going on!" Yells Noah worriedly while I try to get out of the bed. The door to the room opens and everyone falls quiet. A doctor enters the room but he's not the doctor I had before.
"Ahhhh Richelle" he says closing the door behind him, locking it.
I can feel Noah's confused eyes on me as the man speaks my name.
"No" is all I manage to say.
"Richelle Richelle Richelle" he repeats while taking a few more steps closer to the bed.
I've never been this terrified.
"Dad?" I whisper.