Chapter 10: Berkeley.

Richelle's PoV
Pain. Everywhere. How can a mother do this to her own daughter? She obviously doesn't have one shred of love for me. All she has is this burning hatred towards me. I don't recall doing anything to piss her off so much. I suppose I'm used to it now as it's been going on for years. She's broken a few of my bones, but she made me blame it on dance. No one can find out. She'll go to prison or get her kids taken away from her. My siblings would hate me for being the reason their mother went away.
Tuesday.
Okay. Just another day. You can do this Richelle. I couldn't stop thinking about Noah all night.
As soon as I got to school, the teasing began. "Sorry, could you not breathe around me? I'd prefer not to catch any diseases" snaps Liam as I walk past. I just rolled my eyes and carried on walking to my locker.
I am just applying lip balm while standing at my locker, when I am approached by a girl. "Hey" she said with a smile. She was beautiful. She had straight blonde hair that hung around her shoulders. "Hello" I replied looking down at my feet. "I'm new here and need to make friends. You seem pretty chilled out, unlike most of the other girls. They seem bitchy if I'm honest". That made me chuckle. "Yeah, um they are bitchy" I laughed. "But sorry, if you want to make friends, I'm the wrong girl for you, I have none".
"Well, looks like you have one now" she said with a wink.
Wow. This girl is pretty cool. "Mmmm seems like I do"
I smirked. "Berkeley Ratzlaff" she said while holding her hand out for me to shake. "Richelle Nolet".
"Now, Richelle. What do we have?"
"Unfortunately we have Geography" I frowned.
"Ah come on it's not that bad" Berkeley said as she dragged me from my locker.
Before long, it's lunch time. Berkeley and I are sat in the lunch hall, getting to know one another.
"Favourite colour?" She asked.
"Sky blue, you?"
"Gold" "Okay, siblings?" She asked.
"Yes"
"How many?"
"Three"
"You the oldest?"
"No, my brother is"
"Ooooo a brother. He cute?" She smirked.
"Ew no Berkeley" I cringed.
"What's the order?"
"Tanner, me, Abbey then Rosalie"
"Sweet"
"You got any siblings?"
"Yeah I have a twin sister, Dylan, and a little brother, Mack"
"Dylan go here?"
"No she wanted to be homeschooled when we moved her from Montreal"
"Oh cool"
The bell rang.
"I have Spanish" I sighed. Liam is in that lesson.
"Oh, I have French" she said. That makes sense given that she's from Montreal.
"Hey, meet me at my locker tomorrow for another interrogation?" I asked hopeful.
"You bet" she smirked.