14 - Trapped

Anjali's Pov

Today is our first day at Singhania's office. The morning was really chaotic because we are three girls and we almost woke up late today. Last night there was power cut and we couldn't sleep well because it was too hot in our small room. I was roaming around hall area fanning with a piece of newspaper. I really wanted to cry aloud and ran from here but can't,  Aleena's condition was also same but Jennifer was dead asleep like this is nothing to her of course that's called experience. Only at early morning power came back and I slept after that like a dead body-hugging to Aleen.

" Jenni ........... Water stopped, what to do? " Aleen shouted from the bathroom where Jennifer was busy with making our breakfast and I was busy with ironing our dress.

"Whatttttt ?? Ohh shit, this has to happen today itself " Jennifer screamed from the kitchen area

"Why? There won't be any water supply? " I asked with a pounding heart because I and Jennifer left to bath and water supply already stopped

Jenni took 4 buckets and passed 2 to me. I looked at her with a doubtful face .

" today there wont be water supply , we have to collect it from outside , move " jenni was like some kind of commando in chief who instructed me to go for a mission. I really don't know what's going to happen because the way she was preparing to collect the water I felt like we are really going for a war. I followed her silently .

........................

" What the ........? " I stood there  freezed after seeing the commotion happening infront me. I looked at Jenni with a wide opened eyes and mouth.

" It's common here , two tanker truck will be there for the whole colony , water will get according to our smartness. Come on let's get ready . Anji you follow me it's really going to be mess whatever happens , don't give up and never mind others think about you and your bucket , fill the two buckets thats your mission " Jenni raged towards the crowd.

Almost all colony peoples were fighting infront of the water truck. Women's were fighting , men was also nothing less. Some were pushing others, pulling out others hair . It was really like a war. With a hesitate I also moved forward.

I got trapped in that huge crowd , I don't know where Jennifer is but suddenly I heard a sound which was similar to her , she was screaming and cursing others but she almost succeed , she filled her two buckets . I just laughed sarcastically at that moment because something about my past flashed into my mind.

" What I am doing here ? " I sighed and asked to myself. After shaking of my old memories I took the buckets and raged towards the tap this time I was really determined didn't care about anything or anyone after a long fight I also completed my mission. But we three are late for our office and that's in our first day.

We took metro and rushed towards the office . Aleen ran towards her department and Jenni also. Since I don't know where to go and whom to meet I followed Jennifer. She scanned her I D card and move towards her desk. Everyone had their desk including new employees but I was the only one who stood there without knowing what to do. Jenni looked at me pathetically.

Suddenly some one opened the door and I only heard the knocking sound on floor because of the heels. I turned back and it was department head Sanjana Arora , for me she is nothing but an arrogant bitch may be a spoilt child. Everyone wished her but she  was in her usual  poker face without giving any reaction. Is she coming to her office or doing a ramp walk ? When she passed by me suddenly stopped for a second and took off  her goggles and almost for a  minute she scanned me from top to bottom then  scoffed at me .