111 - Unfolding a mystery

Rahul's POV

I was staring at Anjali from the time I opened my eyes. She was sleeping so peacefully also my champ who was inside cradle sleeping well. Having a baby and becoming a parent was all really exciting but it is really a hectic job than anything. Yesterday night he doesn't allowed Anjali's to close her eyes not even for a second. Sometime wake up to feed him or to change his diaper. Sometimes he will cry for nothing so she will be walking around the room with him, or rocking him back to sleep. She allowed me to sleep but still watching her like this made me feel really bad. If Rajveer was here now then I would have fell into his feet for appreciating him . Looking  two newborn kids all alone without their mother he really did a great job. I can't even think about looking my baby alone without Anjali.

After spending some time at gym I took a nice bath and get ready for office. I saw Anjali waking after hearing the noises of me getting ready. She opened her eyes and sat on bed staring at me where I was looking for some files.

" Rahul bhayya.... " All of sudden she called me like that and I looked at her shockingly.

" What did you called me now ? " I asked. She just continued staring at me

" What did I say ? Did I say something ? " She mumbled to herself and looked at me with a knitted eyebrows.

" Nothing , may be I misheard I am leaving bye ... " I walked towards her side and placed a kiss on her forehead. She smiled at me and before I leave I looked at my champ who was still sound asleep.

I was having breakfast and Anjali came down just to give me a company.

" Anjali my child I am really sorry , I can't accompany with you for today's appointment  you have to go with Rithika. I have some important matter to attend which is really unavoidable and came unexpected " my mom came there with her phone

" It's okay maa I can handle it . My mom is  there so don't worry about me . Rithika will be busy with her classes " Anjali replied

" Excuse me ! Can anyone explain me what's happening here right now ? " I asked putting my toast back to plate.

" Nothing it's just "

" Today Anjali has an appointment with doctor also today is baby's vaccination date. So it was decided that I will be accompanying her since you are busy but I got another important matter to attend " my mom explained. I looked at Anjali with a serious expression.

" Who said that I am busy ? " I was really angry but I controlled myself not to yell at her.

" I thought you will be... " She said panickly

" Who told you to think ? Why couldn't you ask me before deciding everything on your own. Baby is mine , baby's mother is also mine . So it's my responsibility to take care of them no matter how much I am busy.  If I am busy then I will find any others way .. " but I lost my control once I raised my voice

" Rahul .... Calm down . She was just considering about you why are you shouting at her for that ? " My mom interrupted

" When is the appointment t ? " I stood from the chair and asked

" Today"
" Time " I rolled my eyes and asked

" Afternoon 2 o clock " she mumbled

" Okay I will be here before two , be ready .."

" And don't repeat this . Whatever it is , wherever you want to go just tell me so that I can do something for you " I said before leaving. 

Way to office I was really disturbed. I thought everything will be fine now but no nothing is fine. Other than Anjali staying with me sharing a bed together nothing was new no progress nothing. I just want Anjali to lean on me , I just want to support her but if she doesn't want to be my half then what can I do ? Other than giving the title of our kid's father she never allowed me to get close to her.