Chapter 4: Something Hidden Beneath The Surface

Chapter 4: Something Hidden Beneath the Surface

From the crisp winter sun, it enveloped the room as soon as the door burst open. Its wind flew through the whole home turning the final flames of the fire to ash and stood in the doorway, the sun reflected the shadow of my aunt walk through the door. She kicked the door behind her with great force before moving towards the fire place holding massive logs cradled in her arms. Her gaze switched between the fire place and me emitting a wide smile across her face "Didn't expect to see you today Willow, considering the events of the day...speaking of which, you brought a friend?" she questioned her statement as her gaze wandered off from me and onto Alex who sat next to me. His posture stiffened slightly, a motion of not knowing how to react. "This is Alex, he's the new suitor," I told her trying to sound enthusiastic in my speech but instead just ended up sounding very sarcastic. She finished placing the logs into the fire before setting it a flame; she stood with great delicacy, wiping her hands in her skirt before waltzing over towards us both.

With her polite attitude, she welcomingly held out her hand for Alex to shake "Nice to meet you Alex, names Yvette," she shared her heart warming smile with him; I watched as his body relaxed from his stiff position and shake the hand back willingly including the smile. Yvette soon motioned onto me; she wrapped her arms around me with immense comfort and we held each other tightly for a long while before letting go. "Let me go get changed, then you can tell me everything between you guys and what's been going on lately, alright?" I nodded at her just as she departed for the spiral staircase. I looked to see Alex following her steps before looking back upon me "She seems nice," he complimented her just as I nodded "But please tell me we aren't performing as a couple who are actually taking this marriage thing seriously?" he slammed his eyes slightly at me hinting at the idea of worry. All I could do was laugh; I pushed myself up from the seat and headed towards the kitchen, he turned his body round to watch me through the gap in the wall which connected us from each other. "Trust me Alex, we definitely aren't doing that, she knows what I'm like and most importantly knows that I would never go through with another marriage situation, so don't worry, we aren't acting as we are a pair," at the end I couldn't help but shake my body at the thought of performing that scenario. "Alright good," Alex obviously shared the same relief as I did.

I took three glasses out from the cupboards and poured water in each of them before taking them back into the seating area neatly placing them down on the table which lay in front of us. I picked one up and handed it to Alex who took it without hesitation before picking up my own. His face just showed complete utter belief and shock to the nature he was seeing come from me. Thoughts running through my brain were how much he did see in princess nature because my nature certainly isn't part of his categories. I shared a small smile with him just as Yvette started to come back down the stairs. She was wearing her usual outfit; she wore her burgundy top covered by her fur jacket followed by her long skirt. She had blonde hair like me closely followed with the blue eyes but her hair was shorter and her eyes were lighter than my own. She made sure that her hair was clipped behind her head with only little strands falling down by her cheeks. If you compared her to my father you wouldn't actually think they were related.

She came and sat next in the chair across from the seat that I and Alex were sat in; she crossed her legs and sat back in the seat after picking up the water which I put on the table. "So I see that you two have gotten close, much closer than she has ever gotten to anyone beforehand," Yvette let the conversation thicken before it even actually had a good starting. I felt my cheeks actually heat up and it soon escalated all the way round my body; I lowered my head trying to hide the embarrassment. I wasn't entirely sure why I was embarrassed about her sentence because Alex was aware; at least I'm pretty sure he was, that I'd rejected every man my father put in front of me. Until a laugh was heard, I look to my side and see Alex laughing; I did a quick take between Yvette and Alex and just saw that they were both smiling. "We aren't actually taking it seriously, we both don't want to start anything between us," I lifted my head fully after Alex's words and looked towards Yvette "You got another escape there Willow, good for you," I let my body relax, smiling wildly at her. "Your father is probably going to kill you again you know that right?" I just shrugged pushing the matter away from me because it was old news not new.