Chapter 44: Ruby Pendant

Immediately I was ushered into the cottage without a second glance outside to the heavily pouring snow surrounding the darkness of the night. Ash walked over to the fire and chucked the logs inside; I helped out by flicking a single flame from my finger towards the logs setting them aflame. He never reacted once he watched the flames arise especially considering the flame sprung forth from my finger tip. "I see you've got your powers under control," I lifted my hood down off my head removing my coat in the process keeping a fixed eye on him "Not all of them but how do you know about my powers?" he looked directly at me with the 'are you seriously asking me that?' look on his face so I didn't encourage anymore talk about it. His home was different to the structure of Yvette's; the place seemed more open and spacious. There was a lot more room to move about in, the fire place was huge keeping intact the cobbled structure, the sofa was stretched out wide across the room almost looking as if it could be made into a bed and there were plants everywhere when my eyes would glance around. The whole room was lit in complete candle light setting a warm atmosphere across the room making everything feel homely. Ash gestured to the sofa across from me so I gladly sat within in as he headed towards the kitchen it didn't take him long to come back in holding two empty glasses placing them in front of us "You didn't fill them up?" I stated the obvious at him. Of course he smiled genuinely at me; keeping his sole focus on me immediately the glasses filled up with water. I didn't need an explanation for warlock gifts; I just believed he was showing off especially as he gave me a smug look. "I need your help," I got straight to the point because there was no need in holding back; my hands were placed delicately within my lap as I kept my posture held straight and turned myself to face him directly as he sat in the single chair next to me.

"I was wondering when you were going to show up actually?" was his reply making me raise an eyebrow in puzzlement. It was unclear to me how he knew I would come to him when I didn't know I'd be heading in this direction myself. "But I'm afraid I don't have what you're looking for, you're ruby necklace I don't have it," I rested back in the sofa keeping my gaze locked onto his "So I'm right with what I'm searching for then, the water element is locked inside my necklace." Ash carefully picked up one of the glasses and rested back in his chair as well "Yes you're right, but I don't have it and I have no idea where it is," I felt my adrenaline plummet at the sound of those words. That was my first and final lead shattered, how was I supposed to find it now? "How did you know that's what I'm looking for Ash?" curiosity took effect as my mind wavered away from finding my necklace but onto something else entirely "Unless, you've known about me for a while..." I carried on speaking with curiosity. The smile on Ash's face expanded as he took tiny sips of water from the glass "How?" I finalized my questioning as he kept staring at me waiting for his chance to let the vocals escape his throat. "When you live in a kingdom kike this one, a warlock has to keep on top of the history. I knew from the moment I first met you Willow what you were," my eyebrow raised enhancing the confusion I'm feeling as he spoke to me. There is no definition to what I am, I'm not gonna be put down with a label because so far the ones I've been given are things such as dangerous. Ash was mesmerised by my puzzlement I could tell because that's why his tone was slow and careful, he wanted the agony of all my questions to be prolonged but I didn't have time for that. The only way to make the time speed up would be to play along even though it killed me to do so.

"And what's that Ash? What am I?" the interest in me was growing and it was showing as I leaned closer towards him away from the back of the sofa whereas Ash just stayed in his place staring back at me "You're a witch." My eyes widened in shock, amazement I wasn't sure or was I just starting to get fed up because first I'm claimed to be a werewolf and now I'm being claimed to be a witch, I can't be both it just isn't possible plus I hold the power of elements there's no indication to identify me as a witch. "You think I'm lying?" I laughed slightly at his question "Well yeah, I believe your messing with. It was a mistake coming here, you can't help me," I pushed myself up from the sofa and started to head for the door to exit. "A warlock can identify a witch anywhere Willow, the same vice versa and that's what you are it isn't anything to be afraid of," I spun back round to look at him as he was now standing strongly obviously trying to convince me everything he was saying is the truth. I looked up into his eyes and I could see the sincerity and truth radiating out from them but for some reason I didn't want to believe it. "I control four elements that doesn't make me a witch," but what I say doesn't matter to Ash as he still shook his head at me ready to carry on his explanation "You do control the four elements but you always control a power of your own and with all that power combined you can control whatever you want to. You can form spells even I can't and spells that I can as well as use the elements in their own natural ability. You're able to combine all that power and control whatever you want, that's how I knew you were a witch Willow."