Chapter 49: Life Collapsing Into One

Here I lay. Here we lay under the covers of the morning sun creeping through the window across from the bed the two of laid in. Warmth connected against my skin as his body lay touching against mine, his arms wrapped around me holding me close against him whom I didn't mind in the slightest. My head adjusted against his shoulder, my eyes opened gently to be gazing up at the man in front of me. He looked beautiful as he slept there in the light, his brownish blonde hair glistened through the rays of light and his eyes twitched every now and again as he was dreaming. As I stared at him it was probably creepy, but I couldn't help but just stare at him thinking about what happened. Thinking about everything that's happened on the past few months and how it's led to this moment here. I remember almost screaming at my father, complaining about how I didn't want to be married or that I didn't want to love anyone, yet here I am next to Kai in bed after such a memorable evening. What has my life come to? It didn't matter to me, not in this moment at least right here, right now I was enjoying what I had because I knew it wouldn't come again especially after the sizzling heat that peaked my interest coming from across the room. My eyes levelled to meet the balcony seat by the window and lighting up in flames a small little envelope appeared, sat on top of the pillows facing my direction almost calling out to me. I looked down at Kai carefully raising his arm over my head gently down onto the covers of my bed so I could easily slip my feet onto the ground. I picked up my dressing gown hanging from my chair and tied it tightly around me as I walked closer to the little envelope sat on the balcony seat. As I gained closer my interest peaked as the final sizzle made the envelope whole; leaning down to pick it up my hand pulled back immediately as I flinched from the burning touch it had.

Once I knew it was safe, I picked the envelope and looked at it closely as it read:

"Willow Ivaleen, Princess of Ivna and Valhurst open immediately"

I looked down at the envelope with suspicion before turning it over and ripping the cut open to reveal a small folded piece of paper inside. I looked back over at Kai as he still slept peacefully in bed before turning back round to look down at the small little paper that lay folded in my hands. I settled the envelope down on the pillows and took a seat on the balcony bed just as I opened the paper and let the text invite me to what it has to say.

Dear Willow,

I hope you had fun at the celebration last night for your brother and sister, but the time for fun is over and it's time you listen to what I have to say. If you ever want to see your brother, Nathan, again then bring the stone and yourself to Shadowwyn before the end of the day and I swear to you no one will get hurt. You have no idea what you'll be unleashing if you don't hand that device over to me.

Alesandro

My eyes expanded as I held tight onto the edge of the bed, fire boiling through each of my veins as my magic spiralled furiously around my hands. I threw the letter down on the bed before I pushed myself away changing into my skirt, top, coat and boots; I grabbed my belt with my sword attached and ran out of the room without looking back to the fragile figure led in the bed. With no note left behind me, I ran out into the frost daylight of Ivna whistling for Crystal to make an appearance; within seconds she stood in front of me with a worried expression on her face as she knelt down letting me take a seat on her "Take me to Shadowwyn, Crystal and pick up the speed," she grunted immediately before taking off into the sky making the harsh frosty wind slash against every pore in my skin. As she made her way to Shadowwyn I tided up my hair creating two messy French plaits just as the wind let loose a few curls at the front of my face. It didn't take Crystal long; she took my order and flew there as fast as she could. The castle peered in the distance through the fog but the place looked almost deserted as if everyone had completely disappeared. Maybe they did after all the fuss caused when I was here last.