Chapter 24: Finding Acceptance From The Past And The Present

Chapter 24: Finding Acceptance from the Past and the Present

"Hayden...Willow," her eyes opened wide when she looked at the pair of us. You could see the sparkle inside them as she was glad to see both of us as she finished "Is that you really you?" I looked at Hayden slightly unsure what to do but he pushed the pair of us forwards and I nodded. I watched as a small tear fell from her eyes "How are you guys here, together of all things?" I was really unsure what there was to say, I couldn't find the words to tell and I mean how could I, I only know this woman from my dreams and she has known me for my whole life. "It's a long story Xira but we need your help," Hayden spoke up for me and he seemed very casual in his ways; I guess all this was fine for him he remembered her; she knew him and he knew her so I felt extremely awkward in this situation. "You two shouldn't be here, especially you Willow," her eyes slammed down on me and my eyes widened in shock as did my head lift slightly alarmed at her sudden response. "Well that's comforting to know. Um, well then anyway Yvette told me the only way to find what we need is to find you so that you can give me something?" Xira shook her head and sighed drastically saying something underneath her breath something I couldn't quite hear "Yes that's right, we need you to give Willow her memories back. So far, I'm the only one who has them back well...and Jayden...who didn't have his mind wiped to begin with...though that's beside the point anyway, you see where I am going with this don't you," I was suddenly alarmed at how Hayden was able to hear Xira, she was extremely quiet so if I couldn't hear her then he shouldn't have done either, unless I'm being completely clueless. The way in which Hayden spoke was clear that he was heading of course but he was able to catch back on in the end and by the look on Xira's face she understood what was going on.

"Alright, I understand but I can't help you two if I am stuck in here," we both nodded at her and I started looking round for a key or a nail, well basically anything that might help to pick lock the door. Hayden was doing the same but we couldn't seem to find one anywhere and we were wasting time. I wasn't sure how long Taylor and Kai could hold the men's attention for up on deck. "Willow come here," I heard Xira call from her cell; I headed over immediately and as soon as I was there she got straight to the point "Forget the key okay, you can do this," I raised an eyebrow at her completely confused because I was unsure what she was on about. I couldn't do anything, what could I possibly do? She placed her hand in mind directly her gaze down as she went and looked at it carefully before looking back at me and it was clear where she was heading with her knowledge which made me stumble backwards "I can't, I don't know how and most importantly I don't know if it will work. I don't know what this thing inside me can do," she laughed at me and shook her "Trust me, it's a lot of things and I'm pretty sure you can open the door. Just clear your mind and focus I know you can do this," I sighed and shook my hands just as Hayden came and stood by my mind looking confused and fed up because he couldn't find and key plus he couldn't make out what I was about to do. I lifted my hands up in front of me and cleared my mind ready to focus just as Xira instructed me to do. I closed my eyes hoping it would help me and surely it did as I could feel the evaporation envelop my hands. Its warm texture spiralled all the way through and I pushed it in front of me. With my eyes closed I could hear the lock of the cell door in front of me open but the sound was heightened.

I opened my eyes once I could feel the evaporation disappear from my hands but when I looked in front of me my eyes widened in shock and I clasped my hands against my mouth alarmed at what I just did. "Willow she asked you do undo the lock not pull off the hinges," Hayden almost yelled at me but keeping his voice quiet in case someone heard but I don't think that matter because the heightened sound I heard never came from the lock but the hinges and if it was extremely loud with my eyes closed then I'm pretty sure other people would have heard it. I automatically turned to Hayden and yelled back "Well I didn't mean to take the whole door off! I can't control this stupid thing inside me!" but there was no time for him to argue with me back because Xira took both our hands and dragged us out of the dungy cells and onto the blazing deck where everything was a flame. I whistled curtly for Crystal to make an appearance and she did so immediately but Xira stumbling backwards by the site of her. At first I wondered why but then I remembered what Yvette told me and how her breed was known to be one of the fieriest. However, when I climbed onto her back with Hayden in pursuit she noticed that the creature wasn't to be feared but instead be trusted and climbed on the back of her. The weight seemed to be enough for Crystal to bear so she took off immediately followed by a signal to Taylor and Kai which lead all of us to take off without a second glance back. I could feel Crystal taking extreme flight because her speed seemed much faster than it had done before which showed me she was eager to get as far away as possible.