Chapter 17: Step One Into A New World

Chapter 17: Step One into a New World

"Come on Willow, you can do this I know you can," trying to imagine the instructions Yvette keeps telling me is proving to be more complicated than it sounds to try and get this power to work. It's something that I am hell bent on completing. If I don' control what's inside of me, then it will control me and worse than that Jayden will be able to get a hold of it and who knows what will happen then. "Yvette it's not working, for Thor's sake it's not working," at the moment I could feel the anger boiling through me from the frustration I was feeling and it didn't feel good. As I flung my hands up in the air illustrating this emotion the sudden light come firing out from my palm igniting the tree above me into flames. Immediately I felt my body stumble backwards away from it as some of the branches started to fall down in my front of me. "Well that ended well didn't it?" I looked round slowly at Yvette as I made my statement; as I looked upon her, she had her arms crossed over her chest with an analysing expression written across her face but it wasn't at me instead it was at the tree behind me. "How did you do that?" She didn't sound concerned but more intrigued as we've been at this for hours with no result whatsoever. All I could let myself do was shrug my shoulders as I looked back at the tree which was no engulfed in the flames completely. It showed clearly I contained the fire element and that it was already working its magic nicely.

"Willow, how did you use the power the other two times, before now I mean. You used it on that man in the village and you almost used it on Jayden. What do you think started it off?" I started to ignore the tree as it slowly made its way to ash and let my attention pay back on Yvette by twisting my body the whole three sixty degree. I had to think for a while; I needed to cast my mind back to those two moments so that I could piece everything together so I would end up with a suitable answer. "I'm not sure, I was angry if that counts as anything," Yvette cocked her head to the side slightly as she began thinking even deeper than she was before and usually that means she is onto something, the only question was what was it? "How did you feel just then? At that moment I knew where she was going, I understood where she was going with it, so instead of answering her question I went straight for the answer "You think that this power relates to my emotions or makes a connection with it," and she nodded ay me. I guess that made sense, but if I am to get this to work and use it whenever I need it then I can't have it relying on my anger emotions all the time, I need to make sure it's controlled on all my emotions. "Willow it isn't just that, I've been thinking as well it only came out when you were in danger of some sort. You know how I told you that after Alesandro did what he did, you created that explosion and your power seemed to be extremely dangerous?"

It was unclear to me where she was going with this, so all my head could do was nod slowly as I kept my gaze focused on her waiting for the final statement which cleared the thickening air between us of curiosity. "I don't think it's trying to hurt you, but in fact quite the opposite. I think it's trying to protect you." I looked over at my Yvette making sure that I had a questioning look to my eyes because I didn't see how that was possible. I couldn't see that what she was proposing could have any relevance to the matter at hand even though she knew more about this stuff than I do, it just didn't make any sense to me. Not most of it at least. "What do you think it has a mind of its own like a human mind for example?" Yvette moved close towards me nodding her head just before opening her lips to answer me "That's exactly what I think. If it wanted to cause harm it would have so already just like it did the first time it was made. It's been active now for quite some time, so if it wanted to do damage it would have done so. Though it hasn't so instead I think it's protecting you and it only decides to come out when it thinks you're in danger."

Now it was my turn to nod at my aunt, though it was moving quite slowly as my intake of all this information was sliding in my brain at a gradual pace especially as I am trying to make sense of it all. "If that is the case, what do I have to do?" Yvette took hold of my hands and looked down at them; in a way her next words with either at me or at the gift inside of me but either way I understood what she was saying "Trust it. Listen to it. Clear your mind and make that connection with it and trust that it doesn't want to hurt you," then she stepped back away from me and let me clear my mind in the space alone. I took a deep breath and shoot my hands slightly before letting them fall down to my side followed by letting my eyes close. And that's where I stood waiting to clear my mind to darkness. I needed to get rid of the events from the past few days, I need to rid the images from my brain, I need to rid all the questions in my head and keep a single focus on what I needed right now and that was the power inside me. I had to make that connection between it and me and once it's made I can control it and it can protect me just like Yvette believes its already doing.