Chapter 48: An Unexpected Flame Igniting

The dress fell neatly down body; the only skin visible was from shoulders down to my arms while the dress took care of the rest. Its gentle flow hit down to the bottom of the floor dragging around me with ease; it would swing around from left to right like the rush of the wind travelling through the leaves inside the trees whenever I would walk letting the twilight colour shine. My hair fell neatly down my back with it slightly pinned up all done by Sienna. The straight lengths were gone and instead my shoulder frame was surrounded by springy curls, twisted together nicely at the back with two diamond hummingbird pins to keep the twist in place. After a long while I'd never felt so comfortable in a dress, strangely enough it felt better to be rid of the original boots and skater skirt I've been constantly wearing and for a second I actually felt normal. The party had already begun as from far away I could grasp the sound of the band playing their sweet tune for the guests to dance to. I walked down the steps in time with the music not that I intended to do so and before I knew it I found myself at the set of doors leading into the ball room. I looked down at the gem placed around my neck, I knew that it probably wasn't best to be wearing such an item to this event considering its power but I knew for me, what it's done has only been to help in whatever way possible even if that did mean losing myself in the process; even through that I know the gem would never let it come to that which is why there was an aching of trust within me to keep the necklace with me at all times and for one I'd never know who's lurking in the shadows to come and retrieve this prize. The doors soon opened in front of me widening my eyes to see the amount of people dancing in the centre of the ballroom, followed by people standing by the buffet bar, others sat at their tables leading to my parents sitting on their thrones while Nathan and Corinne were stood by the rest of our friends.

My eyes landed on each person individually and I noticed how happy each of them was sending little electric shocks through my body at the sight of their smiles and laughter. All the guys removed their attire for a fresh suit for the occasion some had bow ties while others just had a normal tie. I noticed Taylor to change her attire for a new black straight dress with little diamonds suited across her waist. Even Ziva had dressed up in new attire; she seemed to be wearing a small top and skirt for the bottom all dressed in dark green with little sequins connecting the two materials together but leaving a space between so her skinned stomach was visible to the crowd. It then left Corinne, who was wearing a stunning navy blue mermaid dress. The bottom was extremely puffy while the rest of the dress was slick up to her waist travelling to her breasts leading to her plaited bun hair. She looked absolutely stunning shining a bright smile upon my face just to see her and the rest of my friends happy. This was the first time I'd seen them all be sociable. There was no impending danger before us all, just laughter and light. The glistening light of the chandeliers sparkled the dance floor giving off a golden glow throughout the place, small candles floated across the room creating little areas of warmth throughout the place if the heat of the amount of bodies in here didn't do that enough.  Snapping me out of my own thoughts was the touch of a hand placed on my shoulder; my head diverted gently in the direction of facing my father who was stood next to me. He had a genuine smile upon his face and there was no longer a need for hesitation to give one back to him. "You look lost Willow," he stated at me, I gradually just shook my head letting my gaze fall back on the group of friends having fun across from me feeling sudden guilt creep inside my chest due to what I know.

My father could see this through everything about so I felt him gently rest his arm down by mine; twisting his hand in my own leading the pair of us into the crowd of people slow dancing to the soft music. I didn't like where this was going so I stopped in my tracks just as my father looked down at me "At least try Willow," I sighed giving in to the tone of my father's voice, a pleading tone with his eyes giving off the same message as his voice. In with the mix of the crowd my dad spun me round delicately letting the bottom of my dress lift slightly spinning with me. I spun back round to face my father with a small smile carved on my face as he looked at me with me looking back at him. Both set of our eyes locked onto each other as he pulled close to his chest. He rested his arms around me comfortably with protection while I rested my head on his chest as we stood their swaying in time with the music. This wasn't so bad, I was just stood on the spot so I could handle this kind of dancing as well it helped me find a connection with the music so I could just lie here and forget about the world for a second. Listening to the beat of the heartbeat from my father sent me lost in the moment as I felt the moment between the two of us and I was proud to finally be inside away from all the chaos than be outside of the walls of Ivna. This was something I never thought I'd say; I'd always wished to seek out adventure because I knew there was something bigger out there in the world beyond but right here in this moment I think I figured out what I really wanted. The world was too big to go looking for adventure and instead adventure found me but that doesn't mean I've enjoyed what's come with it. My life has been full of lies and now I'm the dying prophecy to stop this power from growing but the question remains, I looked down at the ruby sleeping against my neck, what happens to me after this all goes down? Maybe I knew the answer and I just didn't want to say it, maybe that's why I've been so rude to everyone because I know what's gonna happen and I can't handle the pain. What if this was the last precious, loving moment I would receive.