Chapter 26: Can You Trust The Voice Inside?

"Willow are you actually insane?!" Hayden yelled at me who now found himself now stood in his cell glaring at me deeply. "After everything that I just told you, you're making a joke out of it how much of a cold person are you?!" The words he was now screaming at me hurt much more than I realised they would but as well as that I could feel the anger starting to rise back inside me and this time I didn't want to hold it in. I pushed myself up from the ground and stayed close to the bars connecting our cells together while he stood as far away from me as possible; I had my hands clutched round the bars tightly highlighting how eager I was about to sound "Hayden I wouldn't ever make a joke about that you know I wouldn't, but it's the truth I'm telling you the truth!" I tried not to raise my voice at him as well because I knew that it wouldn't help the situation be accomplished any quicker. "It happened when we were ten years old Willow! There was no way you could have been there because for one main factor you didn't have your powers back then and you weren't even on the island so stop lying!" right now I could feel my heart boiling inside me because it destroyed a part of me inside where he actually believed I was lying and it hurt me so much how quickly he has turned on me. "Oh seriously Hayden you actually believe what's coming out of your mouth right now! Let me tell you something, I don't know what my powers can do but maybe they were trying to show me something that I needed to see, know and understand. Yes I may not have been there when we were ten years old but I was there days ago, so you can scream and yell at me all you like, you can believe whatever you want to believe but I know the truth-," I could feel the anger spiralling inside of me and this time I was definitely sure it was uncontrollable yet I didn't care at all I wanted it to spiral because the feeling inside felt amazing and I didn't want it to end; the urge to Hayden's voice when he tried interrupting me no longer seemed harsh but instead it sounded concerning and worried "Willow, you need to calm down. Okay I believe you just calm down." I saw him reaching out to me slightly with his hands in front of me almost as a shield while he stepped slowly towards me but I wouldn't have it, I couldn't be bothered to listen to what he had to say because for some reason he hurt me deep whether this feeling was real or not.

"No! Shut up! I can't believe your mind turned all so suddenly when you learn something new which makes you scared. I wanted to tell you the truth I couldn't keep it from you even if I tried but then how you turned quickly against me who do you think you are?!" I watched as he came close towards the bars separating us still with his hands reaching out but I could feel mine creating a deafening feel to the bars as the tightness increased turning my knuckles white "I believe you, I do okay so please...calm down," but for some strange reason I still couldn't be bothered to listen to what he was saying to me whether it because I didn't believe him now or something new has taken over me and if that was the case I didn't enjoy how I loved the feeling because somewhere deep down I knew this wasn't the case. "Shut up!" After the second those words escaped my lips and Hayden's hands were placed over mine connected to the bars suddenly rebounding off the pair of us, the power inside of me spiralled out of my hands and exploded between Hayden and I making the pair of collapse to the ground. I felt my head collide with the wood suddenly making my vision go slightly blurred but as I watched the red flames from inside me demolish around us instead of breaking the cell bars around us instead it seeped through creating no effect, even though that wasn't my intention I thought a blow like that would at least do something. My body suddenly felt incredibly weak as if it took all the power inside of me to do what I just did; from it I found that I could barely push myself up off the ground, only at least maybe half way but as I pushed my weight into the ground to help me get back up to at least a sitting position I found I would just drop back down. "Hayden...Hayden are you okay?" even my voice sounded meek emphasising on the effect the explosion from inside of me had done; "I'm...I'm alright. Are you okay?" I lifted my head up slightly to see him pick himself back up again without a pause which sent a light back through me because I was glad I didn't injure him in any way before I answered his question "I think so."