Chapter 42: An Overpowering Substance

"Wilhelmina..." an echo of my name was being whispered in the darkness and I wondered what it was as I sat up in bed. My little hands rubbed my eyes to get a better viewing but the room was covered in full darkness with only the shining moon and glistening stars to enter through the window. The echoing voice came once again whispering my name; the sound was almost terrifying as there was no body to match the voice and I felt myself curl into a ball ready to scream for my father's name as I clutched tightly of the quilt on my bed. One last time the voice would call out my name as I looked round the room with my gaze to find the sound. "D-d-d...Daddy..." a small whimper escaped my lips as I began to quiver in fright. "No, no Willow it's okay, it's just me," finally the figured appeared from the darkness. The shape which started coming towards me proved to be the one and only Alesandro but still my shape didn't relax its posture instead it crawled further away from the man averting eye contact with him as he took a seat on the edge of the bed. "Dad said I shouldn't speak with you, please go away," I tried being steady with him hoping he would leave, that was what the instincts inside me were telling me but nothing he stayed where he sat. "Willow I just need to speak with you it's important," the matter to which he wanted to speak with me on was obvious but I knew that I shouldn't yet the nod of my head made it clear I wanted to know more so the man carried on his speech. "I know why you don't want to help me Willow, you don't want to hurt your friends I understand that so all I came here to do was apologise for putting you in that situation. I won't ever ask you again, I just hope you can forgive me unlike your father," the feeling inside me changed as I was listening to the words that came out of Alesandro's lips. The look in his face was genuine when I looked at him, his eyes were full of sorrow and his lips were misshapen to appear to be sad and in a way...I almost felt sorry for him.

"Why me? You could use anyone I just don't understand why you want to use me?" I guess it's a question my heart has been dying to know from the beginning and now this was my chance, was it right here I was going to find out something new to why he chose me or just another reason to what I've known all along? "You're different Willow. The four elements, water, fire, earth and air, they all pass down to the eldest of the bloodlines it always has done but for some reason it skipped you and no one can understand why. You know what the prophecy states don't you?" I nodded at his remark as I moved closer towards him so I could sit and listen with more in depth "You think I'm the one who can hold all that power?" I asked the question before he could even remark what he wanted to say. "I do Willow, but it's okay maybe I'm just over thinking everything. I just thought maybe you could save the four kingdoms to what may come or from what is coming. The lands are dying Wilhelmina, first it started with the crops in the land then the fields and the weather has been precarious, everything around us is dying Willow due this growing power infecting the kingdoms...I just thought that maybe you were the key to stopping all of this," he took a heavy sigh filling the emptiness within the room and the thick air between us before shaking his head and looking away closing his eyes in what I presumed was heart ache. His final gaze then landed back onto me "But I meant what I said Willow, I won't force you to do this and I understand perfectly to why and I am sorry for forcing you to begin with," he hugged me tightly before pulling away and lifting me back up placing me back under the covers of my bed. He held my hand for a second giving me a slight nod of understanding before slowly releasing the distance between our grip.

Though he stopped for a second and looked at my hand noticing a small design buried lightly within my skin with his eyes widening with curiosity but it then turned into a small chuckle "I see you and Hayden have been messing around again. I like the crescent moon Willow like his," he rubbed his finger lightly over the top of crescent moon that was etched into my skin; that was when curiosity swept over me and I looked down at the design on my hand and looked at it something I'd never seen before then I looked back at Alesandro "Hayden never put that there," but Alesandro shook his head "It's okay, just a fact don't ink your skin it can affect it sometimes," I raised my eyebrow at him as he began walking away and looked back at the moon carved into my skin then back at the spot Alesandro was walking away from. In my head I knew the next choice I was going to make was a huge one but I was going to make it anyway. I pushed myself out of bed and ran to catch up with the man ahead. I pulled on his arm twisting him back around and said "I'll help you...as long as no one gets hurt," he looked down at me and smiled while nodding with is last words in my head "I promise."