Chapter 45: Deep, Desolate Sapphire

Immediately I ran out the cottage back into the depth of the snow leaving Ash astounded behind me. I whistled for Crystal to make reappearance so we could travel there as fast as possible and within a blink she landed right in front of me. "Willow hold on a second," I swung my weight onto Crystal in an instance staring down at Ash as he came and stood by our side "Whatever you do, don't give it to him you have to save your brother, you have to see him again," I shook my head at him puzzled by the mention of the words 'see him again'. "Ash, see who again?" but without a second reply Crystal took off in the air leaving me to look behind the lonely figure left alone in the snow looking after me. I furrowed my expression looking forwards as I directed Crystal to closer to my home, the castle of Ivna. "So where are we going?" the automatic voice of Liam piped up in my head as I travelled oblivious in the sky nearing the castle "The hidden lake of Ivna called Aquarius," Crystal flew nearer to the opening of the lake as only certain people knew the route inwards. I remember coming here when I was fourteen with my father, he told me about a myth about the lake and how it had special properties. He told me a small gift was created from the lakes water, whoever was the bearer of this gift had the ability to control any water substance they wanted but also the ability to try and make the world as better as possible but it made them quite arrogant sometimes as they always believed their opinion was the right one. Now I see it to not be a myth but in fact the substance that created the water element which only made sense to why I would hide the locket here with the water element inside. I sent it back to where it belonged. "Willow please tell me you aren't going to hand the ruby over to Alesandro when you find it, you'll be making a huge mistake," I had to laugh slightly because that was something that everyone keeps telling me at the moment.

I have my own agenda on what I'm going to do with it, it is my necklace after all so no one should have a say in it except me. The decision that needs to be made isn't a hard one anyway; I need to save my brother and millions of people from dying so why would I hand the ruby over to Alesandro when I know that's what he's planning to happen. I just wish everyone would stop asking me the same question, I just need to focus on one thing at a time instead of looking into the future; from what I already gather there is something more going on here than that's what right in front of me and to get the answers I so badly desire I have to keep pushing forwards. That's why I didn't answer Liam because he should know the answers by now but that was another mystery. There was no need to be thinking about it but for some reason now I am. From the moment I have been in contact with Liam it's always in my head, I close my eyes and I'm pictured in this bright sunset room filling my heart up with delight. I always walk closer to him and grasp glimpses of his bright azure eyes, his perfect red scruffy hair, and the sweet smile whenever he glances at me it's like he's always in my head and going to stay there. If I hadn't known him when I was a child then I'd probably settle on the idea he's part of my imagination, a self conscious who I just need to talk to every once in a while but that isn't the case. Liam isn't part of my imagination but he is inside my head, he's meant to have this electrical ability because he's Alesandro and Yvette's child just like how I have chaos magic because I'm James and Elyria's child. So where is he? Where is he hiding because there is no way the only home he has is inside my head. I don't want to keep talking with him if it's inside my head that isn't how relationships with people work. This relationship between us can't go on like this forever because I can't live with having friends in my head I need him right in front of me so I know we'll be able to share the same experience I share with Hayden. That's how life should work between people, not having a one to one conversation almost to yourself with people questioning whether or not you have mental health issues because they see you speaking with no one.

I shook my head removing Liam from my brain for a second even if he felt his disappearance wither in the process because I just couldn't handle him right now. Not now I've started to question his entire being. But shouldn't I question something like that because it just doesn't seem normal for someone like me, but then again what is normal about my life at the moment. That's when my mind wondered back the words Ash spoke to me all about belief, maybe he was right the reason I can't suss everything out in this world is because I don't believe in any of it and if I don't believe in any of it then how am I supposed to complete the mission ahead of me. Sighing in great disbelief I laid down on Crystal's back as she slowed down in pace squawking up at me, I tapped her icy scales lightly rubbing my hand up and down each scale individually to try and find comfort to my closest companion "It's okay girl, I'm doing fine," her purr came next as a sign of understanding from her and the rest of the journey we moved in silence. The silence was short lived as I suddenly felt the crucial hard breeze slap against my face with my body falling down out of the sky "Ah! Crystal!" I cried out for her through the wind but she never made it to me in time and I felt my weight push against branch after branch. Each speck of snow flapped up in my face blocking every little detail of the world from being present in my gaze. Immediately, my body fell against the ground yet all I could see was a great pile of snow in my face, its icy presence trailed all the way up through my nose, circled all around and inside my eyes connecting onto each one of my lashing finishing off with piles inside my mouth producing a nice lipstick cover over my lips. Without thinking about it I spat it all out and rubbed all the snow off my face and off all my clothes as I come to standing. I was about to growl at the person I knocked me off my dragon before I felt my weight hit the ground once again but this time another layer found itself placed over me.