Chapter 20: An Extra Piece To The Puzzle

Chapter 20: An Extra Piece to the Puzzle

The room was dark with a hunt of sunset setting in the distance I could see as it seeped through the window as my eyes started to open. In the awakening, I looked round to see that I wasn't in a place which was familiar to me maybe it was once upon a time but not right now. I was led on a king sized bed just like my own one at home however, the covers weren't of the same material and it didn't have the same thickness as my one did at home. The colour was definitely not mine because my covers had always been teal with variations of grey and white followed with it also it had circular patterns trailing all the way along it so the fact that this wasn't mine own covers cleared the air and I knew I wasn't at home. These covers were more of a dark burgundy red and the wooden poles which held the bed together had the same coloured curtains trail itself all the way round the bed. Its pattern was as unique as it had carvings of a neat spiral trail all the way to the top without a pine out of place. The rest of the room contrasted to the bed because the walls were almost a pale cream if it didn't have a crystallised glow to it, the framing of the desk in the room was put together nicely with a obscure colour to it and over across to the window it was a set of doors which led onto a balcony. As I lay on this bed I could tell that I was comfortable and I wasn't afraid of where I was, in a way something inside me told me that in this place I felt a belonging and that was the reason why it seemed increasingly familiar to me.

My hands were clutched onto the covers tightly but my head felt really sore to even think for a few seconds. The better look I got of the place after I pushed myself up from the bed and sat against the back frame I noticed at least a hint to where I was. The place looked oddly familiar to me from the last dream I had, I was spying a conversation with my aunt, father and a woman named Xira. I must have got back into bed after that conversation or something or this was a different moment entirely. When my eyes scanned back through the room they landed directly on the doors which led onto the balcony. Past the glass window I could see a figure standing at the barrister looking out into the distance as the sun was making its final set. From where I was I could see that they looked sad which could be due to something they are thinking about. In a way, my body felt scared because even though this place was familiar to me there was something else here that put me on edge and I didn't know what was going on. I slipped out from the bed carefully and let my feet touch the ground which almost felt ice cold to the touch and at the moment I realised I had nothing on my feet; now with me wishing that I did. As I pushed away from the bed, I felt my weight be lifted and unlike most of my other dreams where I was at a young age as I walked slowly past one of the mirror on the desk I looked to be around the age of 10 meaning now everything was creeping up to be at a quicker rate than I wanted it to or all my memories were just coming back to me in random formations.

I found my way over towards the doors to the balcony and I silently pushed them open out onto another freezing material for my feet to bear through. At this moment however, it didn't show much of an importance to me because I found that my mind was more focused on the figure in front of me who now appeared to be a woman. She had beautiful long auburn hair which fell down her back nicely and flew to the side slightly due to the wind. She still had herself rested against the barrister of the balcony and the temperature of the stone didn't seem to bother her as much as it did me. "Where are we?" my voice disrupted her thoughts as she casually looked round to face me but as she did so I watched as she removed a small tear falling down her face. As her eyes locked onto my figure she just stared for a matter of moments and let a gradual small smile fall onto her face; as she looked at me that was a sense of reassurance between us and also a sense of love within her eyes as if she loved me as if I were her child as well. She had to kneel down in front of me slightly because I seemed too short for her eye level. "How was your sleep Wilhelmina?" that name again, when anything seems serious my full name gets introduced "Willow," my voice spoke softly before finishing with a mutter "It's just Willow." Her smile reappeared brighter on her face "I know, young one," I couldn't help but smile back as I felt extremely comfortable in her presence.