Chapter 28: Burning Sensation

I kept twisting the key around in my hand as we sat silently in the cells and whenever a guard would walk past the cells I would quickly put it away so they couldn't see I took it. Jayden must be completely oblivious if he still hasn't realised I've taken it, his excuse would probably be 'I was too busy to even realise' that being if I ever brought it up with him which won't ever be the case. Hayden gave up hope after he found out that there would still be no way out even if we escaped from the cells because, the ship was way too far out from shore and there is nothing around which would be able to help us out. As I kept staring at the twisting movement of the key in my hand, I found it as some sort of trance where I slowly started to fall asleep once again which seemed to be a usual habit on this ship considering there was nothing to do. "Make the connection Willow, make the connection with Crystal now while you have the chance," just as quickly as I shut my eyes I immediately opened them back up removing the drowsiness of sleep. I remembered; how could I have been so blind to forget? Maybe I just got too caught up in everything it made me forget the most important thing to the actual plan I had in mind. "Hayden?" I questioned his name I turned my head to face him, all I got from him was a small moan which sounded as if I interrupted his own sleep "You have the earth element, by any chance would the element be able to make a connection with something, or rather someone from far away to help them know where we are?" I guess I caught his attention because, he fidgeted in his seat and turned to look at me with his head woken up from his rest completely with his eyes wide bulging at me "Yea it can do that, I personally haven't done it but my mum did it with her dragon years ago..." he started to trail off when he started to talk about his mother and her dragon; I suddenly felt his eyes pierce down into my hard because I'm pretty sure he knew where my mind was taking us especially now he thought the same thing so I could feel my head nodding at him slowly. "You want to see if you can make a connection with Crystal," he spoke with an increasing smile on his face as I fully nodded at him.

"So I have the element as well right? I was wondering if you could help me make the connection with her so she can find us," he didn't hesitate to nod back at me so suddenly he started to explain the route I needed to take "When was the moment you first connected with her?" I found I had to think hard about this moment because, I couldn't put my finger on when that was whether it being the first time I found her in the woods or was it when she came and protected me from Jayden...that had to be it of course that had to be it because in some strange way it was as if she came back for me even though she barely knew me; so that's what I told Hayden "Right, now close your eyes and picture that moment clear in your head. Search through your mind and find it, once it's there run through it carefully and find that moment which connected the pair of you together when you have it you'll probably feel a spark or something and it will bring the two of you back to the present and she will have got the message," I followed his instructions carefully letting my mind travel back as far as that moment I first met her to how I then travelled back from the castle into the woods to have my encounter with Jayden. As soon as he was stood in front of me I could feel myself running through the whole scenario again, it was if I had no control over the situation and I just had to flow with the conversation. This all struck me as odd though because, if I was actually replaying the scenario how am I going to get the message to Crystal? Though I trust Hayden and following his instructions is the best route to take and surely he wouldn't lie to me as he wants out of here just as much as I want out of here. So I let the play run through and the feeling was distasteful because the first meeting with him wasn't any more pleasing than the other meetings I've had with this guy. That's when she pounced in front of me and I felt my weight collide back down into the snow something I actually missed from Ivna – how strange?