-Chapter 3

Mika Uehara felt like there must be something wrong with her head.

Even though the incident just now was somewhat frightening, and she wanted someone to comfort her, why did she... how could she invite that fatty to her home?

Even though he seemed to have changed himself, and he did indeed help her, in the end, he was still a fat otaku...

Her heart was filled with apprehension and agitation.

Fortunately, her worries were unfounded.

After Seiji Haruta was invited inside by her, he acted proper and without a hint of vulgarity—it could even be said that he was calm and reserved.

She poured him some tea, before going to wash her face and change her clothes. When she returned, she saw that he hadn't moved and was sipping tea silently.

'It seems like... he's a good person.' She thought about how he saved her in the nick of time and felt embarrassed at her earlier suspicions.

"Your face... is swollen." Seiji looked at her before asking, "Is there a first aid kit? I can tend to your wound."

Mika handed over her first aid kit, and Seiji took a look inside. He then used the cotton swabs and disinfectant inside to gently wipe her face, before applying medicine and band-aids.

Neither of them spoke during the entire process.

The comforting silence finally calmed Mika's heart.

"It's not very serious; it should be fine after a good night's sleep." Seiji gently informed her as he shut the first aid kit.

"Thank you..."

The room fell silent once more.

"That guy really was your classmate?" Seiji broke the silence.

Mika's face darkened as she inclined her head in agreement.

The blondie was her classmate, and he was also the son of some major company's CEO who had donated a lot of money to their school, which meant that no teacher dared to contradict him—he was truly a school bully.

Actually, she was tempted to call the police in the earlier incident, but remembering that guy's background, which she and her mother were powerless against, caused her will to waver.

"Haruta-kun, I... what should I do?" Mika Uehara was just an ordinary high school girl, and she didn't know how to deal with this type of situation.

Seiji didn't have any good ideas either; after all, school bullies weren't that easy to deal with.

"There are three methods." After contemplating in silence, he finally spoke up.

"First, give him a harsh lesson he won't ever forget, so that he's terrified of you. Second, find someone in school that's even stronger than him, and request their protection. Third, transfer schools."

Mika Uehara remained silent for quite a while.

"Are these really the only methods?"

"Judging by his character, I don't think he's going to give up on you, and if something serious happens, it'll be too late for you to call the police, so these are the only three methods." Recalling the blondie's expression, Seiji felt that he was truly human scum.

Mika Uehara remained silent.

She didn't realize how serious the situation had gotten until Seiji had calmly pointed it out to her. Now she had come to the startling realization that she had been forced to the brink.