- Chapter 75

Seiji assumed Chiaki was tired from the long night, causing her to behave so mystifyingly.

"The night's still young; let's go get a drink together!"

"Denied. It's already getting late, so I'm taking you home now."

"Objection, judge!"

"You don't have permission to speak!"

Chiaki sighed. "You're terrible!"

Seiji countered all of Chiaki's unreasonable requests and took her home.

Chiaki lived in an extravagant apartment completely on a different level from Seiji's. Seiji wouldn't even be able to enter unless he had a card or could pass a retina scan.

The silver-haired girl stepped up to the apartment's front gate before she turned around and smiled at Seiji.

"Thank you so much for accompanying me tonight."

Seiji scratched his face. "Do you need to be so formal? You're making me feel awkward."

Chiaki chuckled. "Actually, I wanted to make you embarrassed on purpose. You're so cute like this~"

"I'm going back now. Have a good night." Seiji decisively turned around and waved.

"Don't! No escaping; I wasn't finished talking yet!" Chiaki grabbed on to his hand.

"What else is there?"

Seiji heard a light swishing sound. The silver-haired girl untied her red hairband and let her long hair cascade down her slim shoulders.

This scene felt familiar to Seiji as he'd seen similar scenes in animes before. Even he was forced to admit that Chiaki's current appearance was quite stunning.

Chiaki was simply returning to her normal hairstyle, but due to her current clothing and her elegant movements, she exuded a special type of charisma.

"This... I'm giving it to you." Chiaki placed her red hairband in Seiji's hand.

"Eh?"

"This was the first present that Haruka ever gave me, but now... I don't need it anymore," Chiaki said with a serious expression.

Seiji failed to come up with a suitable reply.

"That's why I'm giving it to you! You can do whatever you like with it: throw it away, give it to someone else, or... give it back to Haruka." Chiaki displayed an alluring smile.

Then she finally turned around.

"That's all! Good night, Seiji~"

"Wait a moment! Something so important... is it really fine to give this to me!? By the way, why are you giving it to me?"

'Shouldn't she be giving it to Mika if she wants to give it away?' Seiji was confused by her unexpected gift.

Chiaki merely waved at him with her back turned and walked through her apartment's front gate without replying.

Seiji stood there stunned for a few minutes before he finally sighed and carefully put away the red hairband.

He glanced at the apartment one more time before leaving.

This long night had finally ended.

...

A new week, on Monday.

Seiji recounted last night's occurrences to Mika on the way to school.

He didn't mention the real reason behind Haruka Shimizu's invitation. He only told her that Haruka wanted Chiaki to transfer schools and be friends again, without bringing up her request for Chiaki to take a leave of absence or anything about danger.