- Chapter 45

Honestly speaking, Seiji felt a sense of admiration for Michirou Juumonji who was willing to kowtow to Seiji just for the sake of protecting his own organization's territory. Of course, the Juumonji group was a mafia organization that engaged in illegal activities—it was not exactly a group that was praiseworthy, but even among the underground society, some people would be complete scumbags, while others had their own morals and honor.

It wasn't exactly like the second group would be able to take the moral high ground, but Seiji still felt some respect for people who were still able to maintain their moral codes in such a society. Those in the bottom rungs of society might not necessarily be completely evil, just like how those at the top might not always be shining examples for everyone—it was the same logic. Everyone was... simply human.

Faced with the mafia boss kowtowing to him for a second time, Seiji remained silent for a lengthy period of time.

'Even though you want to find out an answer from me, I have no idea either, uncle...' He felt helpless about the situation. How was he supposed to fool Michirou Juumonji? He didn't want to ruin Michirou's impression of him.

"Please get up for the time being, Juumonji-san." At the very least, he needed to prevent Michirou from kowtowing to him.

"I... do indeed know some things about this, but I don't know how much I should say to you." Seiji rubbed his chin. "I need to go back and think on all this and... discuss it with some other people. If there's something I can let you know, I'll contact you... Will that be sufficient?"

Michirou Juumonji's eyes began to glitter as he raised his head. "Haruta-sama... even though you've been exiled from your family, I imagine there are still rules that you must adhere to. I recognize the fact that it may trouble you to ask you about this situation and for you to tell me the truth. It's only natural that Haruta-sama would wish to consider things. Even if it's shameful of me, I shall... sincerely await your news... I'm begging you!" As he finished, he lowered his head respectfully once more.

"I'll consider it over carefully." Seiji could only respond in such a manner.

And so, their formal discussion finally ended.

...

Takashi Kobayashi and Kahei Watari were silently waiting in the same spot.

Not all that much time had actually passed, but it felt like eons to them as their imaginations ran wild.

But no matter what they imagined or thought, they couldn't do anything.

This powerless, helpless feeling was so irritating!

"Sigh... Kahei, just what exactly are we?" Kobayashi crouched down and clenched his head in a depressed manner.

"Takashi..."

"We were almost beaten to death while fighting on the street... We were saved by our classmate, but sold him out... and even though we followed him here, we can only stand here foolishly... I've never ever felt so useless before!"

Watari crouched down in silence beside him.

"There's no helping it; we are indeed useless, since we lack strength," he said lightly.

If they had the strength, then they wouldn't have gotten their classmate Harano involved in the first place.

"Strength... is that so? If only we had strength..." Kobayashi's eyes glinted with an indescribable light.

"By the way, just why is Harano-san so strong?"

'How could I be... as powerful as Harano-san? He's exactly the same age as us, yet he has unimaginable martial arts skills.'

NEET Receives a Dating Sim Game Leveling Systemजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें