- Chapter 33

"Kotomi, little bro only went to work once—how could he have changed so drastically?"

"Rion, little bro must have met a weird person and fallen under their strange influence."

"Yep yep, Kotomi, we must find out who this weird person is."

"Yep yep, Rion, let's call our aunt; she'd definitely know~"

The twin sisters had figured out the truth just by talking to each other, and they had also determined the correct person to ask.

Their eyes contained the glimmer of having discovered interesting prey to play with as they clasped each other's hands and their smiles arced upwards.

Their chuckling echoed throughout the living room.

It was almost like the whispering of witches.

...

Seiji had a strange feeling.

It was a brand-new week, on Monday morning.

After waking up, Seiji kept feeling like something was about to happen, like he had forgotten something important... It was an indescribable subtle feeling.

He wondered if he had slept poorly last night?

He was slightly tired from the last two days of work, but he also received some nice bonuses, so he wasn't complaining. The newcomer was quite clumsy at first, but he was much better already on his second day, so everything ran smoothly.

If there was something that seemed off, it was the fact that his junior, Hoshi Amami, seemed way too friendly towards him. Perhaps it was over enthusiastic admiration?

At any rate, Hoshi Amami seemed to have an exaggerated opinion of him, and with his appearance looking like that of a trap, strange looks would always fly in their direction whenever they stood together.

Not only that, Hoshi Amami just happened to be a third-year student at Genhana Middle School.

'Haha, no matter what, he wouldn't come looking for me in the high school section, would he?' Seiji joked to himself.

But he couldn't bring himself to laugh at his own joke.

Darn it, it felt like this had a real possibility of happening!

Even if Hoshi Amami didn't have a favorability rating that he could view with his system, Seiji definitely noticed that Hoshi clearly saw him as far more than just normal friends... not only Seiji, everyone had noticed it, since Hoshi's actions were so obvious!

Seiji felt a sense of pressure as he imagined his school life with Hoshi stuck to his side at all times like he was in the store.

'Give me a break...'

Even though he had an ominous premonition, Seiji never expected that today would truly be filled with bothersome things for him...

The first event was at the shoe locker.

Seiji went together with Mika to school as usual, but when he opened his shoe locker, he discovered several letters inside.

Pink, pale blue, light purple... various letters of cute colors were inside, and all of them had heart marks on them.

'These... could these be...'

The legendary confession letters in a shoe locker!?

"Good morning, Mika, Seigo... Oh my?" Chiaki greeted her friends cheerily as she arrived at school until she discovered what Seiji was holding.