- Chapter 30

Seiji breathed a sigh of relief as he watched the last large group of people depart from the store. The store's rush hour had finally finished.

Even though he wasn't physically fatigued, having to concentrate on work for such a long period took a great toll on his mind.

Today was yet another normal day of work at the confectionery store. Although today was a different experience, mainly due the new employee.

Hoshi Amami.

The store manager's nephew was a beautiful boy that didn't look like a boy at all—he was one of those "cute boys".

If it wasn't for the fact that Seiji heard about him from the store manager beforehand, Seiji would've definitely mistaken him for a girl.

There were probably many customers that mistook him as a girl in boys' clothing as well. Some customers had even commented to him on how their store had finally hired a female server, even if she seemed rather inexperienced...

Seiji could only explain the truth in every instance. Some customers were shocked upon learning the truth, while others were strangely excited upon hearing the truth, and their eyes glinted with an indescribable light.

Typically, Seiji was the biggest attraction in the store, but today, Hoshi Amami also attracted a great deal of attention. However, the female customers that had figured out Hoshi's true gender kept looking back and forth between Seiji and Hoshi with glittering eyes.

Even though Seiji was reluctant to admit it... those female customers were probably "that" type.

Seiji wasn't opposed to otaku girls, since he was an otaku himself and didn't mind homosexuality either, but it still felt awkward for him to become the target of an otaku girl's BL fantasy.

He could only try his best to avoid the subject in his mind.

As for Hoshi Amami... Seiji felt like Hoshi wasn't into that either, but his appearance was just too feminine... There was no other way to describe it; if he dressed in a girl's clothing, he'd be a perfect trap!

As expected of a world with 2-D elements... even such a character was present in real life.

Seiji was unsure whether Hoshi had noticed the special treatment he was receiving from the other employees due to his status as the store manager's nephew and his appearance. Since Seiji had noticed Hoshi's frustration, Seiji took care not to treat him differently from anyone else.

Eventually, there was a brief lull in their work. Seiji then took the initiative to start a conversation with Hoshi.

"Hey, hard worker, how're you feeling?"

"Ah... Harano-senpai!" Hoshi had just finished bringing a tray of sweets to a table and smiled at Seiji, "Senpai's been working hard as well. I... I'm fine, I'm getting used to it even if it's a little tiring!"

He lifted his hands and clenched his fist by his face in a cat-like posture as he finished talking.

'It's actions like that which cause people to consider you as girlish!' Seiji exclaimed mentally.

"Alright then, the most important thing is to be spirited and enthusiastic. If there's anything you don't understand about work, you can ask me, or you can ask the others as well."

"Okay... got it! Senpai... actually, I do have a question—can I ask it now?"

"Of course."

After hearing Seiki's affirmation, Hoshi took out a small notepad and pen before he asked him some questions regarding small details in work while he took notes in a serious manner.