- Chapter 51

Snow Girl, a medium-ranked spirit in a popular video game Seiji played before in his past life, whose main attack was an AOE crowd control...

'How nostalgic. She was the first character I received for free in that game.' A memory flashed through Seiji's mind.

*Cough cough.* He went on a sidetrack again.

In Sakura Island, snow girls were a spirit that everybody had heard stories about before. According to legend, she would possess incredible beauty paired with heartless cruelty; she wouldn't even hesitate to take human lives, a frightening yet beautiful contrast.

Her appearance rate in animes in this world was very high, reaching almost 100 percent in animes regarding ghosts or spirits.

To Seiji, snow girls were the exact same legend from Japan in his previous world about the yuki-onna.

Anyway, snow girls were considered beautiful yet life-stealing existences.

"We'll meet a snow girl if we continue investigating... It sounds like a joke, but I think they'll believe me." Seiji rubbed his chin. "Let's do it like you say, then; I'll advise them to back off while doing my best to not reveal too much. But... as for you two, will you be able to deal with the enemy?"

Seiji directly faced the two adolescent girls in front of him.

Both girls remained silent.

"It doesn't seem like you have high chances... Let me ask you a different question—how do you think the situation will develop?"

He was yet again greeted by silence.

Seiji received the impression that he wouldn't be able to obtain an answer.

Just as he was about to take his leave, someone suddenly jumped onto his back and hugged him!

"Eh... Kirin?" Seiji was quite startled until he discovered that the person hugging him was the cat-eared girl who loved to appear out of nowhere!

"Rana?" Hitaka was astounded upon witnessing this sight: "Why are you..."

Much like Natsuya, Hitaka was nothing short of astonished at seeing the cat-eared girl acting so intimate with a boy she'd just met.

Rana Kirin was clinging Seiji's back like a koala bear would, and she placed her head on Seiji's shoulder while looking in Natsuya and Hitaka's direction without blinking.

"Rana..." Natsuya seemed to detect something from the cat girl's heterochromia eyes.

Silence returned for another few moments.

"Rana, hurry up and get off his back!" Hitaka called out to the cat girl.

But instead of letting go, she instead closed her eyes and rubbed her face against Seiji's.

Seiji felt like it was a bit itchy.

He had no idea why she was acting so friendly towards him, or how he should respond to her. Should he just continue standing there?

Natsuya Yoruhana sighed.

"Rana, you feel like Haruta-kun will be of assistance to us?"

"Eh?" Hitaka was surprised at this revelation.

"Meow~" Rana purred as she continued rubbing against Seiji's face.

How cute! Seiji was overwhelmed by a dose of moe.

"Milady?" Hitaka looked to Natsuya for direction.

"I don't know what Rana is thinking either, but it seems that she believes we should let Haruta-kun know more about this situation."