Chapter 112

She wanted to have the light?

Was she asking for his help?

Seiji slowly put down his hands and looked at Shika once more.

"Didn't I just say it? I'd like to help in any way I can, if I can be of service."

"...So you've agreed?" Shika was still looking at him intently.

Her tone of voice and gaze were both calm, but her beautiful eyes seemed to contain some deep emotions within them.

Seiji looked directly at her.

This sounded like a perfectly ordinary confirmation question, but for some reason, Seiji felt Shika's question... might not be ordinary at all.

This felt like Kyubey cutely asking if he wanted to sign a contract to become a magical girl... er, was this analogy a bad one?

At any rate, Seiji had the premonition that something big would happen if he promised her directly.

But so what?

'I'm the physical actualization of light, and light is fearless!'

...Of course not! Why was his brain thinking such things!?

'Am I actually enjoying this!? Acting like an immature middle schooler with this girl I barely even know... No, stop thinking about this!'

But still, since she remained so calm throughout, he would seem like an idiot if he cared so much about appearances.

Seiji smiled as he came to a conclusion.

"Yep, I promise. It could even be said that I came here especially for this reason." Seiji combed his hand through his hair in an attempt to look cool.

"Oh, lonely girl in the darkness, your summoning of the light has been heard by me. I shall bestow the light upon you!"

Seiji made the most pious expression he could manage as he reached his hand out to her.

He had activated his clown mode.

In this mode, Seiji was able to temporarily forgo all sense of embarrassment and double his mental resistance. It didn't matter if he was acting like an immature middle school student or if he was being pretentious; he could do anything!

Normally, he would only use this mode with close friends such as Chiaki and Mika.

But since he was already so embarrassed, he decided there was no harm in using this mode on the literature-loving girl named Shika Kagura!

Would she be stunned in amazement or comment on it?

Neither.

She continued to silently watch Seiji's pretentious act.

This... was more damaging to Seiji's psyche than either of the above options!

He felt an overwhelming urge to take his hand back.

However, Shika's hand rose in response.