- Chapter 25

Seiji was unsurprised after learning about the hidden side to this world, as he had already expected it long ago.

He just didn't anticipate that he'd find out this quickly.

Yin Yang masters... Spirit-branded Retainers... Recalling his body's memories after learning all this increased the mystery.

'Man, the original Seiji must have been truly hated; it's been so long and my family hasn't even contacted me.'

Even if the incident with blondie that required him to go to the police station and him transferring schools didn't require his guardian either time... his family would probably know about it, right?

Seiji was uncertain. With the sins that the original Seiji committed before, it wouldn't be strange for them to completely ignore him.

If he wanted to truly enjoy life, he felt like a harmonious family relationship was necessary, and... he also felt like he should make it up to this body for taking it over. Seiji really wanted to reconcile with his family.

But the original Seiji was so terrible! What he did in the past before... honestly speaking, if Seiji had a brother like him, maybe he wouldn't be able to resist killing him!

Since even he didn't think the original Seiji was forgivable, he had no idea how to obtain forgiveness.

But he couldn't just keep waiting. Even if it was inadequate, he should at least attempt to make up with his family, right?

Especially after learning about his family being a Yin Yang master clan... Seiji felt like he should initiate contact with his family.

But just thinking about how to do it gave him a heavy feeling in his stomach.

'Forget it, let's just wait a little longer,' Seiji sighed inwardly.

...

The next few days were rather uneventful.

Preparations for the school festival progressed normally.

Mika formally quit the tennis club and felt conflicted over what new club to join.

Chiaki was busy rehearsing for the drama club's school festival program. Supposedly, they had daringly created an original script, and the actors' performances were critical to its success.

Seiji continued improving his [academics] stat every day at school, while grinding action points after school.

On Thursday afternoon, he used the excuse of 'checking things out' to grind his [play basketball] option at the basketball club and obtained 3 points along with crushing the basketball club members' pride into dust and increasing the favorability ratings of the spectating girls.

Judging from the atmosphere, it would be impossible for him to return to the basketball club... As well as that, rumors about the collapse of the tennis club were circulating rapidly around school now. This, combined with the recent incident at the basketball club, could propel him into infamy.

In the evenings, he continued to successfully grind [sing] and [dance] with just one spectator.

His only follower named Flying Fish seemed to have believed his ridiculous excuse about why he was doing it. Although it made him remorseful, he was also inwardly relieved that she persisted in watching his performances. Also, the two of them began chatting about various topics and found that they coincidentally shared many interests in common, so they became increasingly friendlier with each other.

The last class on Friday was home economics, and the topic was cooking.

Seiji was in a group with Mika, Chiaki, and Kazufuru Ooike, whom he had forcefully recruited. The food that they made tasted average.