Chapter 108

Mika Uehara, a fresh high school first-year female student in the prime of her youth… experienced a dark memory she would have loved to forget on her way to school.

"My apologies, Uehara-san. I just wanted to tease you a little… sorry," Kaede Juumonji sincerely apologized to Mika.

Mika was still clutching her head tightly; she was unwilling to even show her face!

The sincerer the apology, the worse she felt!

But it was still better than receiving no apology at all.

Seiji could somewhat empathize with Mika’s current emotional state. He felt that perhaps it would have been better for Kaede to not say anything at all, but… no matter what, it was still a good thing she had apologized sincerely.

"I’m truly sorry for getting carried away." Kaede smiled wryly. "Actually, I’m quite happy to receive this job, since I want to interact with all the students…"

"I’ll take care to not act like this anymore. Please forgive me, Uehara-san."

Mika continued covering her face without saying anything.

Seiji sighed. "You don’t need to mind it, Mika. After all, you only said something slightly perverted by accident. You should know that when Juumonji-sensei is teaching or working, she’ll probably have to much more embarrassing things."

Kaede was rendered speechless.

While he was technically correct, it still didn’t seem all that right for some reason? The blonde beauty felt like she somewhat objected.

Mika was somewhat consoled by Seiji’s subtle words.

She could feel her face burning up; it was probably bright red now.

A soft touch suddenly descended upon her head.

"Relax~ There was hardly anyone on the street at that time, so I doubt anyone else heard it. Neither me nor Juumonji-sensei will go around telling anyone about this, so you don’t need to worry too much about it."

Seiji petted Mika’s hair as he comforted her gently.

"If you’re still acting like this by the time we arrive at school, you’ll actually attract more attention, shy goddess."

After patting her lightly one more time, he retracted his hand.

Mika slowly uncovered her face and glanced at Seiji. Her eyes were filled with a mixture of emotions.

Kaede felt a tinge of jealousy at witnessing this scene.

‘It feels like I have lost again,’ she helplessly thought to herself.

But… his gentleness moved her heart.

‘As long as I work as hard as I can to get closer to him, I’ll experience that as well someday…’ Kaede consoled herself.

By the time they’d reached school, Mika managed to calm down.

She had received a huge impact from the blonde beauty becoming an apartment tenant as well as the infirmary nurse and health teacher. However, Mika no longer felt disheartened.

Kaede was amazing in her own way, but so what?

'I am Seiji’s classmate!'

As Seiji and Mika split up from Kaede, Mika had recovered the resolute look in her eyes as she looked at Kaede fiercely.

Kaede merely smiled in response to Mika’s challenging gaze.

‘A relaxed attitude… As expected of a more mature woman. I won’t lose either, and I’ll work hard!’ Mika encouraged herself enthusiastically.