- Chapter 20

He was rejected... was it because he had become too handsome, or did he ask at a inopportune timing?

After leaving the infirmary, Seiji felt rather helpless.

It was obvious that Miyamoto was a nice girl who just lacked self-confidence. If she gained self-confidence and lost some weight, she would probably be a cute girl.

Even if she didn't lose weight, as long as she gained self-confidence, she'd be a great otaku friend.

Sadly, he was rejected.

Because Miyamoto wasn't considered as a "beautiful girl" by his system, Seiji wasn't able to view her favorability rating towards him.

'I hope she doesn't hate me. Perhaps my story was too unbelievable for her to handle.' Seiji thought to himself.

He was rejected, he was rejected, he was rejected... important things should be repeated three times.

He had only wanted to make a friend with whom he could discuss otaku topics. Seiji sighed helplessly. Although Mika and Chiaki were both nice, neither of them were interested otaku topics.

The school didn't seem to have a club related to otaku activities either—he had already looked into it.

Then just where was he supposed to release all the otaku energy that was gathering inside him!?

Anyway, with Genhana High School being such a large school, why weren't there at least a few otakus that created clubs for their interests!?

Just as he was pondering over the matter, he had a flash of inspiration which caused him to stop walking.

'Is this... the part where I should be creating my own club?'

He suddenly felt like all the resistance blocking his clogged feelings had disappeared.

...

After P.E class had ended, class representative Koji Hoshihara led a class meeting for assigning everyone various tasks for the school festival's preparations.

Koji's apportioning of the tasks was fair and reasonable, so they only discussed some small details before finalizing the plans.

"Harano-san, your task is extremely important. I hope that you'll be able to discuss things with the confectionery store swiftly and successfully."

"No problem, Class Rep, I already called the store manager last night and asked her about it—she's quite happy to help us. I'm going to work tonight, so I'll discuss the other details with her then."

"Oh, wonderful—as expected of Harano-san!" Koji thought about it for a while:

"After you talk to her again tonight, can you give me a call and tell me about the situation? I want to know as much as possible."

"Sure." Seiji exchanged phone numbers with Koji.

As the class representative of Year 1 Class 5, Koji Hoshihara was a reliable person who was clearly the type that was accustomed to leading. He was one of the people in class that was well-respected by both the boys and the girls and was also one of the only boys that didn't feel any jealousy towards Seiji.

Seiji felt quite fortunate that his class rep was a person like Koji, otherwise he'd have an even more difficult time in class.

Unluckily, Koji was only thinking about managing the situation in a more convenient manner, and even though Koji wasn't biased against Seiji, it didn't seem that Koji intended to become friendlier with Seiji either.