- Chapter 35

When the lunch break started, Seiji immediately began reading through the love letters.

Seiji sat together with Mika and Chiaki in their usual spot in the courtyard before he took out the love letters and began to open them.

'Wow!' Even though he had mentally prepared himself, when Seiji saw the dainty writing of female high school students confessing their feelings for him, Seiji's face instantly flushed red as if he had been lovestruck.

The original Seiji definitely didn't have any similar memories, nor did he have such an experience in his past life!

All of this was far too out of the ordinary for an otaku!

After reading just the first letter, he could feel his entire face steaming up. If this had been a manga, he was certain that his face would have been releasing smoke.

So embarrassing...

By the way, was the person they were talking about in the letters really him!?

Even though Seiji knew that he was a handsome boy now, he still felt that the person the letters were describing sounded far more exaggerated... It sounded like his appearance had undergone photoshopping!

Was this the phenomenon where people would see their potential lovers as absolutely perfect?

That didn't seem right... those girls probably just had an overly positive impression of him due to their fantasies.

That's right—teenage girls were still quite shallow; they only saw his physical appearance and thought he was quite handsome, so they imagined him as perfect in every aspect and fell in love with their fantasy version of him.

Actually, the real him wasn't that handsome at all, and apart from his current appearance, his past life's experience told him that he wasn't all that popular with girls.

Reminiscing about the past caused him to feel slightly depressed, but he also felt secretly relieved.

If these girls that had written these letters actually went out with him and saw the true him, they'd surely be disappointed.

Plus, he was inept at dealing with romantic situations... Naturally, the obvious thing to do was to reject these letters politely. There was no need to be friends, and as long as they didn't get close to him, he could protect the fantasy version of him in their minds.

"Seigo, how're you feeling?" Chiaki smiled, "Are you going to continue reading the letters? Do you need us to get out of your way?" She asked concernedly.

"Of course I'm going to continue... You guys don't need to leave—feel free to eat here. Don't mind me," Seiji smiled naturally.

Chiaki squinted slightly at Seiji's expression, but she remained silent as she began eating her own lunch.