- Chapter 17

After Seiji returned home, he eagerly opened up his system and checked his new options with great anticipation.

[Play basketball] required him to have teammates and opponents; [sing] and [dance] both required an audience; and [write a diary] and [draw] were the only options which he could select immediately, provided that he had prepared the necessary materials beforehand.

Seiji instantly went out and purchased a notebook.

After returning home with the notebook, he sat in front of his desk and chose the [write a diary] option that was now available for selection.

Suddenly, an urge welled up within him to record everything that had happened to him throughout the day in the notebook, and his memories about everything that had happened today became crystal clear.

He followed his urge and began to write briskly in his notebook.

Since it was his first day as a transfer student, there were numerous things to write about. When Seiji finally finished, thirty minutes had already passed.

*Ding-dong!* Seiji heard a new sound from his system that he was certain he had never heard before.

Seiji immediately checked his system and found that his [action points] for exchanging items had increased to 2.

In the [items] option, the lowest cost for anything was the [physical ability—track and field activation card], but even that required 20 points. Obviously, it wouldn't be possible to acquire any [items] in the near future.

After using [write a diary], the option was grayed out again; it seemed that he wouldn't be able to grind for points by constantly repeating the same action.

'If I want to obtain many action points quickly to trade for items, I can only do different actions...' Seiji rubbed his chin thoughtfully.

Wasn't the system basically forcing him to develop himself in a balanced manner?

'Even though this is obviously a dating sim system, it seems that the more I take advantage of it, the less of an otaku I become!' Seiji commented to himself.

After reincarnating, he had been spending all his free time on working or exercising with his system. Wouldn't that make others think that he was a bright, handsome boy that loved to live life to the fullest extent and exercise his body?

What had happened to his original self that was supposed to be an otaku!?

Truthfully, the tedious nature of work combined with the great increase in his physical ability stat, which put him at a level far beyond the average human, caused Seiji consider using his save and load ability to make some money and temporarily stop working and training. This was to just enjoy being an otaku in this world for some time.

But with the new [actions] option appearing, along with the attractive [items] option, this thought was instantly banished from his mind.

"Alright, System—you win! I'll do it; I'll work hard!" Seiji said forcefully.

Well, leveling his stats was relatively enjoyable, and with the help of his dating sim system cheat, he could discover the true limits of his growth potential.

Of course, as an otaku, his favorite hobbies remained the same, so he decided to prioritize improving areas related to his hobbies if possible.

Right now, there were relatively few options in the [actions] and [items] menus, but Seiji believed that as long as he fulfilled certain hidden conditions, more options would become available.