- Chapter 56

There's a legendary cat known as "Schrodinger's cat."

The simple explanation about it was that unless a subjective observer made an observation, the result would be uncertain.

Although it sounded fantastical, it was actually high-level theoretical quantum physics, and that was the subtlest part about it.

Schrodinger's cat was comparable with Cat-loving Flying Fish's current situation.

After her personal observations, she still couldn't decipher if the person across the screen from her was, as she imagined, a person she previously knew.

The boy with the silver mask that she'd only known for one week was one of the strangest live-streamers she's ever seen, as he was satisfied with her as his only spectator for the entire week...

At first, she simply thought that this boy was cute and funny, then she discovered that they had many common interests; but now, she was beginning to suspect something.

Ever since that "Snail and Sparrow" song, there were so many small details that they were coincidentally complementary on.

In the teeming sea of people out there, meeting someone with the exact same interests as you wasn't impossible. But, wasn't it also likely that the two of them actually knew each other?

Cat-loving Flying Fish was having the exact same thought as Seiji. She couldn't figure out which of the two possibilities seemed more likely.

She thought about it from the angle of some sort of plot to ensnare her as well, thinking that perhaps this boy was targeting her for some reason, but the more she thought about it and the more she chatted with him, she believed this scenario wasn't the case.

But it still wasn't impossible, since if a scammer was serious about it, such a plot seemed possible.

That was the reason behind her current indecisiveness.

Cat-loving Flying Fish was hesitating whether or not she should confirm his identity.

If he really was a perfect stranger who coincidentally had the same interests, then it was fine, and they could continue being friends and improve their relationship.

But what if he was someone she knew, or a boy that was targeting her to capture her heart, or he had some other nefarious intention?

For the first, depending on who he was, it could have various outcomes. If he was specifically targeting her, then it would be as if she had poked a bubble—it would pop, and he would disappear.

She genuinely enjoyed chatting with him and enjoyed hearing him sing and watching him dance, even though he was nothing special.

But the moment she tried to confirm his identity, everything might change.

Schrodinger's cat.

Her internet username "Cat-loving Flying Fish" didn't have anything to do with the legendary Schrodinger's cat whose concept was even in this parallel world, but she didn't expect that such a situation much like Schrodinger's cat would arise.

The state of life or death of the cat would be decided by an observer.

And the relationship between her and him would be decided by her observations.

She couldn't bring herself to observe anymore and confirm his identity.

Nobody had ever truly observed Schrodinger's cat before, so even now, nobody knew if that cat was living or dead.