- Chapter 64

After an entire night.

"Eh... Why is it light outside?"

Seiji finally returned to his senses after he'd spent all night in a writing frenzy. The bright sunlight which streamed through his window roused him from his unnatural state.

He hurriedly checked the time.

What the hell—he pulled an all-nighter while writing!?

He blankly looked at the thick notebook in front of him. Previously, its pages were largely blank. Now, it had only three or four empty pages remaining.

He had lost himself in the process of writing his story...

While it was a fact that choosing an option like [write a story] would cause an irresistible urge to well up within him, Seiji had also been addicted to the enjoyment he derived from creating his own story, so he simply wasn't able to stop himself.

'Might as well stop here.' He put down his pen and stretched.

Then, he picked up his book and speed-read through his creation that he had spent the entire night on.

'...Wow.'

Seiji's eyebrows gradually rose upwards as he continued reading.

'Just... wow."

He flipped through the pages at a rapid pace.

'Incredible... wow."

His eyeballs flicked from one line to the next as he finally finished.

*Smack!* Seiji forcefully closed his notebook.

'Did I... truly write all this?'

He tried his best to restrain the excitement within him.

If he didn't, he felt that he would begin shouting loudly with excitement right then and there.

That's because his own story... was so engrossing!!

Seiji put down his notebook before he suddenly jumped up and backflipped, landing and finishing with a victory pose!

'Yeah!!'

He was shouting as loudly as he could within his heart.

This would be the first story that the author Seiji ever wrote—a short story by the name of "I'll die if I don't become handsome!"

The main character was a formerly hot-blooded young man who fell into the clutches of depravity and became a NEET after life dealt him a cruel blow. One day, a mysterious spirit possessed him and forced him to become a handsome boy; if he didn't comply, the spirit threatened to curse him to death.

Just from the story's synopsis, one would think that this story was related to the supernatural genre as well as being a motivational novel. Instead, it was actually a huge battle between good and evil.

At first, the main character had to engage in activities he didn't enjoy purely due to the mysterious spirit's threats. He left his home, worked hard to lose weight, and made an effort in his studies, all in order to reach his target of becoming a handsome boy.

The comedy in this story came from the contrast between the protagonist's inner comments and his actions: his depraved heart was furious at being coerced into doing all these things which were actually for his personal benefit, but the spirit forced him into behaving like a proactive, bright, even heroic person, thus helping him obtain the love of several beautiful girls.

Then, after receiving the female characters' affection and care, the protagonist was moved by their feelings and finally began to live life seriously again. However, at this point, the story took a steep downturn.